Linen Products HELP!

Discussion in 'Commercial/Product photography' started by cnoevl21, Oct 13, 2016.

1. cnoevl21

cnoevl21 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    They wanted certain things photographed in the packaging. The packaging is plastic wrap and looked horrible, so I took out the sheets, taped it to a piece of cardboard and stood it up for the shot. I was trying to give them the look that it was in the packaging, without it actually being in the packaging.
    If you have a better idea of how to pose, im all ears. I'm new to this and I've only had solid products to photograph before, so I'm going off of images the company has sent me to emulate.

2. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    You need to learn how to manage and control light better.
    If the client wants it in the packaging then you should do it in the packaging. But it's a little late now. But basically the light has to reflect away from the sensor. So Off Camera Lighting. It's the same type of technique used to shoot fish in a fish tank.

3. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    It's fabric. Pose it like fabric.

4. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

This. One of the things we have to do is advise clients. Just because the client has an idea doesn't mean it's a good one. Many times I've had a client say, "I'd like this done this way or that.." to which I respond, "Certainly, and can I suggest also trying...." very often my suggestion winds up being the one that they go with.