Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4699031426_a972927231_b.jpg

4699031606_85fc313486_b.jpg

4698397351_37d78cde3f_b.jpg

4699031274_db1d18baa4_b.jpg

I don't know much about composition and lines outside of the basic newbie photography stuff. That makes it hard for me to judge these. But..

Something about #3 - the textures maybe, or the shadows... the area of light that cuts the photo vertically left of center. EDIT: meant to add that I really liked it.

The others, not sure what to say. They're visually nice though and I appreciate the minimalism of #4.

1) nice vertical lines
2) love the touch of gold...another great capture.
3) i like the lines and texture in this one.
4) simple yet unique

my fave is #4.....i like that the line draw the eyes across the photo(actually it makes my head tilt as my eyes follow the line):razz: then as you look at it longer you see some great lighting. Though I have no idea what that is....its cool

I have been drawn to architecture type photography in the last few months. In particular I have been focusing (a pun...hehehe) on larger tall buildings in Cities. It is amazing what one can see when one looks up in the city.

You first photo has my attention for the above reason. I like the angle, lines, different building styles, shapes, textures, colors, and the shadow you captured, and lighting differences all in one photo. Even though the angle is a random angle not following any of the building lines, it works very well. +++

P.S.
If you have not tried this already; stand fairly close to the buildings, such as you have in your photo, turn you camera so the top lines of a building are parallel with the top frame of the camera. I like those angles the most myself.

I don't know why, but on #4, it bothers me that the "horizontal" lines on the right hand side aren't quite parallel. The edge of the wall slopes upward, and the pipe slopes downward the farther right you go. Is it maybe barrel distortion?

It's also quite possible that this picture accurately represents what is actually there. In that case, good shots. #'s 3 and 4 are my favorites.

Danksalot

I like #1 and #4 best but all are nice. There's something about #4, I don't know. It almost reminds me of something art deco, not sure why. Very simple and effective. Sometimes less is more. The light on it is great.

I have been drawn to architecture type photography in the last few months. In particular I have been focusing (a pun...hehehe) on larger tall buildings in Cities. It is amazing what one can see when one looks up in the city.
I love what the city has to offer. The more you go out the more you see!

P.S.
If you have not tried this already; stand fairly close to the buildings, such as you have in your photo, turn you camera so the top lines of a building are parallel with the top frame of the camera. I like those angles the most myself.
You should post some of them up and show us!

I don't know why, but on #4, it bothers me that the "horizontal" lines on the right hand side aren't quite parallel. The edge of the wall slopes upward, and the pipe slopes downward the farther right you go. Is it maybe barrel distortion?

It's also quite possible that this picture accurately represents what is actually there. In that case, good shots. #'s 3 and 4 are my favorites.

Danksalot

It's like that. I didn't think about fixing it. Maybe I should?

I find them all visually appealing but the lighting in 3 is yummalicious.
It's yummy like butter. :mrgreen:

I am really fond of that one. It's in the stairwell to get to the outdoor observation deck of the tower I have been on. I ran across it and I stopped dead. Setting up the tripod on the stairs...changing lenses...others were going up or down the stairs, and I'd hear snickers, get asked what I was taking a picture of, several jokes...but nobody else saw it! I love finding pure composition of light and shape and line.

Thanks again for looking, and the comments.

:thumbup:

Dude, I've seen several of your posts of late. Why are you in the Beginners Gallery? If you need your ego stroked, I bet there are better resolutions. Are you trying to drive a point? Whoa be it to the newbie? It doesn't seem right, although your images are by-and-large really good, what are you trying to prove? Just curious.

Dude, I've seen several of your posts of late. Why are you in the Beginners Gallery?
I guess, in my eyes, I am still a beginner. Or at least don't realize I am not?
If you need your ego stroked, I bet there are better resolutions.
There's always Flickr Whoring for that.

Are you trying to drive a point? Whoa be it to the newbie?
No point being driven. I *thought*, for all the advice I have given here, I could show what I do, so others could see my point of view in practice. It's also interesting to hear what other "beginners" have to say. You never know who is going to point something out that you might have missed, or will make you think.

It doesn't seem right, although your images are by-and-large really good, what are you trying to prove? Just curious.

Any input on where the greener pastures are, since this reads like an unofficial eviction notice? I'll start packing my gear...

I think it has more to do with the fact that this subforum gets an insane amount of activity.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Just a windup Bitter.

Your photos posted lately are excellent examples of your words and teachings put into practice. It's a shame that some people are put off so easily when they can't understand your sarcasm. If they were to hang around long enough and get off their high horse, they might actually pick up some valuable information. Not just in the art of photography, but also being able to visually see the world from a slightly different angle.

Although I'm not here so much now, I still lurk from time to time. Please continue to post your photos. They are quite inspiring.

Greener pastures? Naw..... grass still needs to be mowed. :D

I love 1 and 2. The angle in #2 makes it look almost 2D.
Did you want the glimpse of the outside in the bottom left corner?

3 is very interesting, love the colors and lighting.

4... I don't like or maybe don't get.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back