Lines, Patterns, and Shapes..Oh My!

I think it has more to do with the fact that this subforum gets an insane amount of activity.
Could that be in part because everybody seems to start threads here that really should be in one of the 'Photo Gallery' sections of TPF...?

Those sections get ZERO action... IMO, that's where threads like this belong. If more people would start threads in them, they would become more active. (That's so obvious, I don't even know why I have to say it.)

Anyway ... sorry for the detour.

Really like your stuff Bitter. 3 & 4 are the standouts here, IMO.

Did you want the glimpse of the outside in the bottom left corner?
I debated over it quite a bit.
I don't like that those colors are nowhere else in the image.
But I do like the little horizontal line.
I don't want to crop it though. I think it will change too much of the placement of the arch.

*shrugs*

kundalini, :grumpy:

I think it has more to do with the fact that this subforum gets an insane amount of activity.
Could that be in part because everybody seems to start threads here that really should be in one of the 'Photo Gallery' sections of TPF...?

Those sections get ZERO action... IMO, that's where threads like this belong. If more people would start threads in them, they would become more active. (That's so obvious, I don't even know why I have to say it.)

Anyway ... sorry for the detour.

Really like your stuff Bitter. 3 & 4 are the standouts here, IMO.

I agree. I have posted there before, and got no comments.
What this place needs is just a critique section. Only for critiques, not for "what *gear* should I get next" threads. And for all levels, not just beginners.

There was a critique section some time ago, but as I remember - it was always flame-war-central... It may have been closed before you joined ... I can't remember how long ago it was now.

I think what would happen was that people who didn't really want critique (or couldn't handle it when it was given) would post there and go on the defensive after the first post saying something other than "nice picture".

kundalini, :grumpy:
So I guess the goose and gander theory is out the window then? Or how about the kitten and ball of twine? Only having a bit of fun with the opening salvo. I actually meant what I said about your photos in the second. There I go again.............. Have fun.

Maybe you are not as effective with your sarcasm. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back