Lines through photos problem.

InTheViewFinder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I take photos there are black lines through my photos.
A similar problem happened to my other camera.
I don't know whats wrong with it or why it's happening.
I've searched about the problem, but I really couldn't find anything.

If anyone knows about this or has any information please let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Well I haven't printed any photos of the ones with the lines through them. Umm but I'm not sure what files are, but I guess it's the files.

I took my memory card out and took a picture with the auto memory to see if it was the memory card that was messing up. I think its the camera because the photo came out with lines.

Were you photographing lines by any chance ? :p In all seriousness unless you post a picture we could guess at the problem all day.

:lol:

Alright here is a photo.

Pictures212.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Couple of questions. What make/model of camera? What were the conditions before and during the time you took the picture? Does it happen every time? Have you tried a different memory card? Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Knowing the equipment could help. As for conditions, did you happen to leave the camera in the sun in a hot car or something of that sort. High heat is bad for sensors. There could be a lot of things that could cause problems.

Well the camera is a Kodak EasyShare C433 my other camera that has the similar problem is also a Kodak.

The conditions when this started happening was in a cool room. I was taking photos and then all of a sudden it started doing that. Then I took some more to test it out and then it was okay, but then as I took more photos it started messing up again and it's still messed up so now it happens every time I take a photo.

Yes I have switched out the memory card with another one and it does the same thing. I also took out the memory card and took a photo with the auto memory and it did the same thing.

No I haven't contacted the manufacturer yet, do you think I should?

Well the camera is a Kodak EasyShare C433 my other camera that has the similar problem is also a Kodak.

The conditions when this started happening was in a cool room. I was taking photos and then all of a sudden it started doing that. Then I took some more to test it out and then it was okay, but then as I took more photos it started messing up again and it's still messed up so now it happens every time I take a photo.

Yes I have switched out the memory card with another one and it does the same thing. I also took out the memory card and took a photo with the auto memory and it did the same thing.

No I haven't contacted the manufacturer yet, do you think I should?

Well that sounds like it rules out a heat problem and the memory card. Curious that both are Kodaks. In checking Kodak's site it does suggest that it could be a low rechargeable battery problem. Try recharging the battery and take some pictures then.

Well that sounds like it rules out a heat problem and the memory card. Curious that both are Kodaks. In checking Kodak's site it does suggest that it could be a low rechargeable battery problem. Try recharging the battery and take some pictures then.

Okay I will defiantly try that. Thank you so much! :D

Well I charged up my batteries and took some photos and they still have lines through them.

Umm..

Well I charged up my batteries and took some photos and they still have lines through them.

Umm..

Well it sounds to me like it is the time to call Kodak cause you got me stumped. They have a service center number on their website.

Keep in mind that depending on the age of the camera it may not be worth messing with unless it is under warranty or it has great sentimental value, like your great lost aunt Sophie gave it to you right before she was lost in the jungles of Africa on safari, never to be seen again. Sorry, getting a bit melodramatic there.

Well it sounds to me like it is the time to call Kodak cause you got me stumped. They have a service center number on their website.

Keep in mind that depending on the age of the camera it may not be worth messing with unless it is under warranty or it has great sentimental value, like your great lost aunt Sophie gave it to you right before she was lost in the jungles of Africa on safari, never to be seen again. Sorry, getting a bit melodramatic there.

Aww haha it's okay.

Well I haven't even had the camera a year. I will call the service center.

Thank you so much for your help!

i'd just throw it away and buy a new one.

I have seen similar problems before. It will require replacement of the main board. Since its a Kodak, toss it and buy a new camera, you will spend twice what its work trying to repair it.

Unfortunately these little budget cameras are not made to last.

Most reactions

Back