Lions and Flamingos and.. other birds.

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by JasonArcher, May 15, 2010.

1. JasonArcher

JasonArcher TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is my first post in the forum.. Just thought I'd share a few photos I took of some interesting animals I've come across. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Is that last one a Tragopan by chance? We have some at home, a more reddy colour that the bird you have seen here (though there are loads of different colour variations within caged birds).
    I have to say I like the overall style of your work - exposures good good and solid (maybe a tiny bit of clipping on the whites of the lions face - maybe just tone that area down a little bit just so as it does not distract from those great big yellow eyes) - and your processing/presentation style I do enjoy (kind of reminds me of how film photos look in print - at least on my screen).

Compositiosn are creative and solid - though you do suffer from overreaching a little (the tiger shot in your website shows this and I also feel the lion should would have been strong with more of the back end showing). Ps love the dozing leopard shot

3. JasonArcher

JasonArcher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you, Overread. It's a Temminck's Tragopan, I believe, but I have to admit to not knowing a great deal about birds even though I love them as photographic subjects. He was a friendly little guy and was very curious about my camera -- he kept walking toward me.

I appreciate the feedback on the images! :)

4. D-B-J

D-B-J Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    nice shots!

5. dab_20

dab_20 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Beautiful shots. LOVE the one of the lion. I love that you got a catch light in his eyes... such majestic animals. Great focus and colors :thumbup: