Liquid Bread...

Joerocket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmm beeeeeer. This is from the bar the other night, went for a couple pints with my friend Andrew, this is him... and my beer, I liked the way he was lit so I thought I'd share, your thoughts?

beerforeground2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Joe

It's a cool shot, and I like it. But on my monitor (I have an Apple flat screen) I see this spot where it looks like it was colored over with black magic marker or a sharpie or something. I think it's just a monitor issue, and something some people probably won't be able to see (and I will end up looking like a loon) but on this monitor it's very obvious. Betcha anything when I look at it on my CRT at work tomorrow it'll look fabulous. What kind of monitor do you have?

no no, its the photo, it had a strange glare there, so i tried to fix it in photoshop, i have a sony 17 flatscreen but my calibration must be off, really ****es me off cuz pics with rich color on my monitor look washed out on other screens, pretty frustrating when an artist cant show others what they see. thanks for pointing it out, back to ps, i guess ill just darken it so i can barely see it, then itll be right, i hope.
-Joe

Joerocket said:
no no, its the photo, it had a strange glare there, so i tried to fix it in photoshop, i have a sony 17 flatscreen but my calibration must be off, really ****es me off cuz pics with rich color on my monitor look washed out on other screens, pretty frustrating when an artist cant show others what they see. thanks for pointing it out, back to ps, i guess ill just darken it so i can barely see it, then itll be right, i hope.
-Joe

It's interesting that you say you have a Sony flatscreen....so does my dad, and I find it incredibly rich and dark.....too much so. I was pretty sure that this was a glare edit that was showing up for me and not for you. I love the photo though, it'll be great to see it edited...I love the way the light glints through the top of the glass.

there, fixed it... at least I hope I did, I just turned the brighness way down so now its almost black to me, hope it worked but i guess ill never know if its the way i want it. i appreciate the help!

-Joe

it looks really dark to me, but thats probably due to the fact i have a cheap Envision 17" flat screen CRT. ive been putting off getting a new monitor until i get a DSLR, but i may have to get a better one real soon.

if you still have it, i would like to see the original before you darkened it. from what i can see in this one, it looks like it is probably a pretty interesting picture.

Most reactions

Back