Listen to what happened to me

If you kept a list of your firearms serial numbers, make copies of them and distribute them to area pawn shops, sporting good stores and gun dealers. If any of them find their way in there to be sold, you stand a decent chance of getting them back.

I had two guns stolen from me when I was in CA. I did this and got the guns back, both of them, in less than 3 months.

If you don't know the serial numbers, you can contact the dealer you bought them from. If they are still in business, you can get the serial numbers from them as all transactions made after 1969 through licensed FFL holders are retained by the licensee for the duration of the business. When the business closes, all of the form 4473s are transfered to the BATFE for storage, and good luck & fat chance of getting it then.

I happened to miss this thread when it was posted originally.... such things only stir up hatred inside me. Breaking into privacy is worse than stealing just money ...

Hey I know it has been a while, but I just wanted to say thankd to everyone. Yes I gave the cops all the serial#'s to my weapons. They said they have two detectives that go out every week and get all the paper work on everything they buy. I gave the cops serial #'s fow my weapons and what tools I knew the #'s of. Thanks, all is well. My insurance company took care of me and now I have better stuff with a more secure house.

phantom.jpg

Let's sic Lon on 'em.

I hope things work out in the end and that the future will be brighter.

Most reactions

Back