Literature Series

eye-capture

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I kinda liked a few lines in the story, so I tried to make them pop out a little. Woohoo English 20. Sorry if there are exposure issues, I'm yet to learn how to calibrate an LCD or get a CRT monitor. Soon I'll be getting a new computer.

Pentax *IST DL
Kit Lens f/3.5-5.6 18-55mm
800ISO, Auto White Balance

260974562_5e2e97d65b.jpg

260974563_b864bcaa69.jpg

260974564_ff8dff8d3e.jpg

260974566_46a487cc00.jpg

something I should have said about the lighting... Sometimes you get a very nice moody effect by NOT white balancing the light. Most people know that real lamp light is orange so you get a feeling of a dark reading room with this lighting that you wouldn't get with a white light.

mysteryscribe said:
something I should have said about the lighting... Sometimes you get a very nice moody effect by NOT white balancing the light. Most people know that real lamp light is orange so you get a feeling of a dark reading room with this lighting that you wouldn't get with a white light.
Thank you for mentioning that, because that was the effect I was exactly going for. Most of us read under lamps and I didn't want to lose that feeling/effect.

I love the second shot the most, and the color really works well. I actually think color balancing to a white page would make this shot have a very different meaning to the viewer. The warm tone gives the fire place feeling without the need for the fire place :)

thank you! the other forum I posted on just shot comments like "boring" "wow you need inspiration". You guys see what I aim for. Thanks!

"""eye-capturethank you! the other forum I posted on just shot comments like "boring" "wow you need inspiration". You guys see what I aim for. Thanks! """

A lot depends on how you see the photograph and photography in general... lots of people see it as a science and thats what they see.... lots see it as an art and thats what they see.... Some see it as a storytelling device and thats what they tend to see....so getting a good cross section of people makes for a good forum....

Me I see it as a craft somewhere between art and science....I have to look past the whiz bang because I don't understand that. I have to look at the photograph not it's parts..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back