Lithographic film

It is a fun camera...build one. The nose focus ring still works. The camera film distance to the lens was built a specific distance. The distance is the infinity focus of the camera.

So, I broke out a sheet of the Lith film today, and after guessing which side was the emulsion side--there are no notches, but I seem to have got it right--I loaded it up into the pinhole camera with my new precision-drilled 0.5mm aperture, set it on the small tripod, and exposed for one minute.

Then I took it into the darkroom, and developed in Dektol 1+9, and voila! there the image was. It seems a little thin, so I'll have to try it again with a longer exposure. And perhaps longer development. I left it in the tray for 2 minutes, developing by inspection, and after that time, there was no further visible change, so I plopped it in the stop.

I'll have to take a similar shot with the old pinhole to see how much difference there is between the two. So far, though, I'm pretty satisfied, though. I'll shoot something at least semi-worthwhile soon and post it.

Most reactions

Back