litterbugs

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
kiwi's aren't very tidy, but it makes for some interesting photographs. I actually love photographing litter in contrast to nature. Whilst I have gotten comments in the past that it 'messes up' a perfectly good nature scene, for me its about the story:

Here we go:

Half a boat hull:
port-waikato-boat.jpg

Fetch, Ubu, fetch! good dog...
tennis-ball-beach.jpg

Tracking Ubu....
dog-tracks.jpg

Ocean's clogged, get the draino...
blue-bottle-beach.jpg

Anyone got a match?
wheres-a-match.jpg

Foam Factory
crashed.jpg

I'll have some Tui's with the tide
tui_beer_can.jpg

As to "messing up" your photos... now honestly, Mark: you can take just a photo of waste on the beach, or (only) you can take a "vonnagy-photo" of waste on the beach.

Just-a-photo will them probably look "messed up" with the item, while the vonnagy-photo (as always.... :shock: :eek: :roll: :) :D :lol: ) transforms simple waste into a form of art...

I admire your dedication to your hobby/passion (!) that makes you get up extra early in order to over and again catch this special light! The light in your photos is sooooo "vonnagy-photo-like" - usually I'm still sound asleep when (if ever!) the light is (would be?) like this...

And your comments :D!
"Ubu"????
UBU???
You mean, really: that is a dog's name?

Great pictures! Hard to pick a favorite, but I really love the 1st 2. I also like the one with the dog tracks. Telling a story can be very challenging to do, and you do a wonderful job!

Litter can definitely add to the picture. It just depends on the type of theme you are going for. Anyway, nice pictures once again Mark. I like the tennis one the most out of this set. The shape of the deformed ball and it's bright green color stands out for me.

:D
that pic with boat looks like painting, mark!
awesome!

he he, my fav of favs is #3 - was the dog named 'ubu'? 'ubu, the king?' :shock: :D :lol:

i love your pics, mark, but you already know that :)

I love the first one. Poor boat :( Awesome lighting. You do it every time :)

:D
oh, just one more thing......

im afraid i won't be around for next few days....so....

:cheers: for your 2000th post, mark!

:heart: :cheer: :heart:

:band: :band: :band:

This is a fun grouping, actually. Litter is depressing, but you're simply taking a photojournalistic approach and recording what's actually there, not stepping around it. So mad props to the Mad Kiwi.... :wink:

All that said, I really dig the one with the dog-prints. The boat and and the bonfire-sticks are close second-thirds. Nice work!! :D

*jaw drops*

I really need to get up earlier if it's going to produce this light. Then again, I might have to move halfway across the world too :D

Anyway, the first really stands out for me, it has an almost surreal feeling which is very hard to resist. That's a pic I'd buy in a flash if it came in postersize.

The Tui one comes in as a close second, love the fiery color as opposed to the sand.

Wow. No other words. Wow.

LaFoto said:
And your comments :D!
"Ubu"????
UBU???
You mean, really: that is a dog's name?

didn't that follow old "family ties" episodes?

nice pics too

Most reactions

Back