Little Advise For The Future

Dynamic Range, Tonal Range, and Colors turn to trash at those ISO levels. I personally wouldn't be bothered by your results -- possibly minor improvements to be made by the user (settings, technique, etc).

Also, I've never had good luck using the picker to adjust my white balance. Just play with the sliders until you're happy. I think a little more processing can fix the colors -- or convert to B&W.

i took a few moments playing in polarr:

34663397895_fd3c0b38c6_b.jpg

upload_2017-6-20_9-41-55.png

B&W saves the day:

upload_2017-6-20_9-56-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-20_9-41-53.png
    upload_2017-6-20_9-41-53.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
@Braineack Sometimes you have to play the cards you're dealt. Not sure why they had the overheads down so low
Made everything look crappy even in person

yup! Like I said, I wouldn't be unhappy with these considering.

two choices: just enjoy the moment and pay the photographer hired to take pictures at the ceremony
or get a D5 with a 400mm f/2.8
your choice.
New-Nikon-Nikkor-400mm-f_2.8E-FL-ED-VR-lens.jpg

two choices: just enjoy the moment and pay the photographer hired to take pictures at the ceremony
or get a D5 with a 400mm f/2.8
your choice.

I'm always up for new glass, maybe I can talk the wife into A Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX DG?

I'm always up for new glass, maybe I can talk the wife into A Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX DG?

Best part about being divorced. I only have to talk myself into stuff.

@SquarePeg "talking her into it" may be a misnomer. A more apt term might be "slipping it by her". She follows the quid pro quo rule on expenditures outside the normal bills. So whatever I get is going to cost me double.

Or get an older manual focus lens. Go on Pentax forums and post the question. You did a great job under those conditions.

Shooting the raw images by adjusting the white balance of the picture can be helpful. By the way many Congratulations to you and your daughter.

Shooting the raw images by adjusting the white balance of the picture can be helpful. By the way many Congratulations to you and your daughter.

Thank you. Most everything is either saved to card as Raw or Raw+. The young lady is the oldest of 6 grandchildren.

Can't offer much advise for the situation since they always seem to be different, not just from location to location but from year to year. All you can do is the best that you can do and trust that next year, or two years as is the case, someone will remember to turn the lights on.

I can offer you however these words of wisdom:
"Never play cards with a man called Doc.
Never eat at a place called Mom's.
Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own."

@SquarePeg "talking her into it" may be a misnomer. A more apt term might be "slipping it by her". She follows the quid pro quo rule on expenditures outside the normal bills. So whatever I get is going to cost me double.

I have a used Nikon 400mm f/2.8 AF-s coming under this same principle. First try and hide it (going to be hard). Second use the excuse my Nikon 300mm f/2.8d was stolen years before we met, just replacing it now (did replace it with a Tamron version). Third if the first 2 fail, pay the 100% wife duty tax. :aufsmaul:

@benhasajeep I've found that if I'm lucky I can order such that the UPS delivery comes on a day when she has to go to the store, doctor, etc. That way I can get days or even weeks before I have to pay up!!!

@benhasajeep I've found that if I'm lucky I can order such that the UPS delivery comes on a day when she has to go to the store, doctor, etc. That way I can get days or even weeks before I have to pay up!!!

I happen to be off this week, she just had the 4th off. UPS and Fedex has been here all week. And still more today and tomorrow.

Now I also follow the other rule. Wive's will no doubt notice there are boxes ready for recycle / trash. So, what you do is order something they wanted as well. This week, my wife has a new office chair, and 3 brand new half sheet cake pans are coming. Also a couple smaller things / packages that she has to open. So, I also employ diversion tactics as well. :345:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back