Little Baby

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Kellog, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Kellog

Kellog TPF Noob!

So maybe for my second post I could get some constructive criticism. Basically my “first” people pictures I am sort of happy with. Normally I enjoy other types of subjects (like motorsports, RC sport, animals, landscape but not people).

But I am a bit unsure of the picture:

[​IMG]

1. I personally think babies should be “soft” but I'm not sure how far to push or not push softness?

2. Also I wonder the pictures overall lighting and the effect on the skin tone or lack of, I am still trying to learn how to use the light and the flash.

3. I only did a bit on the eyes (unmask sharpen only) but maybe since the eyes pop the entire picture is too soft?

It would be very interesting to hear your views, in a sense I sort of like the picture but also the picture feels wrong maybe something missing, maybe the skin tones, maybe the lighting if you understand what I mean?

This one I thought was cool, happen to have the fisheye lens on! LOL

[​IMG]

2. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Oh I love both of them, they are so sweet.

3. Renair

Renair TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Both very good, the second is brilliant thought, captured perfectly.....

4. JenR

JenR TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love the big, blue eyes! I really like the sharp eyes, but overall softness in #1. The skin tone also looks good to me. I'm not sure about the crop/composition, though. It feels a little tight on the bottom. I think I would do a very tight crop around the face to balance out the tight chin. I think a slightly different angle would have been better, though. The angle of the baby's head seems a little uncomfortable to me.

#2 made me laugh out loud. It is a real keeper! :)

5. Kellog

Kellog TPF Noob!

To everyone, thanks for complements!

JenR: Really good points on the first picture, not sure why I cropped off the bottom. The angle does look off a bitÂ… will try something this week.

Tried something a bit different today, I wanted to do something in B&W, one a bit hard and one a bit soft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh no those are too much! So cute! Do you mind if I steal that idea from you? LOL My best friend just had a baby yesterday!