Little boat at the big ocean

Vivienne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think of this one? (Made in Scotland)
Critique and suggestions are welcome :)

Float_away_by_vivienne_vlug.jpg

Hi Vivienne,

I am also a beginner, so I will judge this with my capabilities.

1. I like the 'gloom' in the photo. I see 'Hope' as a person going towards the light on the left...A good silhouette.

2. From what I have read, try to stick to 8:5 ratio of the photo (remember the golden mean 1.61), Avoid harsh overexposed left side a bit, May be colour may be slightly changed from the yellowish...I would prefer the boat could have been slightly above compared to where it is, may be it is cropped that way! Of course following the rule of 3rd.

Cheers/Ketan

Ketan

Hi Vivienne,

I am also a beginner, so I will judge this with my capabilities.

1. I like the 'gloom' in the photo. I see 'Hope' as a person going towards the light on the left...A good silhouette.

2. From what I have read, try to stick to 8:5 ratio of the photo (remember the golden mean 1.61), Avoid harsh overexposed left side a bit, May be colour may be slightly changed from the yellowish...I would prefer the boat could have been slightly above compared to where it is, may be it is cropped that way! Of course following the rule of 3rd.

Cheers/Ketan

Ketan

Thanks a lot for your feedback! :D
I will try how it looks

And yes, try some noise reduction with 'Neat Image'. This will make it look still better.

Ketan

Most reactions

Back