Little Boy With Ice Cream

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
icecream.jpg

I was looking for shots at an outdoor Arts Fair in Richmond, Va. The exact location was at the Carrilon, a tall structure with a nice winding, stone double-staircase at the base of the building. I was shooting with a Leica IIIc rangefinder which is from 1946 and requires absolute attention to shot setup due to the somewhat uncomfortable (by today's standards) focus, aperture and shutter settings. It was a crowded area and after I had framed and prepared for my shot, I had to repeatedly wait for people going up and down the stairs to exit the scene. With the camera held to my face, I sensed a moment to take an unfettered shot when I noticed from the side a blur running into the frame.

It was the young man in this image. He promptly sat down and began eating his ice cream. About the time I noticed this opportunity to get a nice shot, he noticed me and began mugging for the camera. I managed about 6-7 shots before he ran off. I believe this to be the best of the bunch.

As always, any critique or comments are greatly appreciated.

Tuna

Well, this little munchkin's butting into your shot is the best thing it could have gotten, I think....this is absolutely wonderful! :D Beautifully exposed, wonderful composition...and to have him mugging it up for you in this playful manner is just icing on the cake. I hope you're proud of this one. Absolutely wonderful!

Ah, a Leica rangefinder..... you did it proud. I am smitten with the beautiful texture on these stairs. Can't stop studying it. :) What film did you use here?

A side from the picture being exposed and composed in a such an excellent way. The kid makes me chuckle. Way to go Tuna! I do not think there could be a better place in the photo for a person than where the boy sat. And he actually did something other than smile for the camera....It's almost spooky.

Great work!

terri said:
Ah, a Leica rangefinder..... you did it proud. I am smitten with the beautiful texture on these stairs. Can't stop studying it. :) What film did you use here?

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys!

This was shot on Kodak T400CN film.

Tuna

Tuna, I like the exposition here, perfect contrast for me

Hey man, I'm right next door to you in Lakeside. Small world! Great photo by the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back