Braomius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6833-1227060805-2-l.jpg

6833-1227060805-0-l.jpg

6833-1227060805-1-l.jpg

I had very very low light to work with, a kit lens + cannon rebel XTI. I used a mirror to bounce the flash off the ceiling :D

First shot is kinda nice. Facial expression on the kid is unfortunate. Nice light. They all could use a bit of sharpening and a some color balancing.

sharpening anymore = noise. I did color balance them too, how would I balance it better?

Noise? Hm. I did a quick pass on them and it really popped. They definitely need more sharpening... I see in the woman's skin that you get some speckling... I assume it's something in her complexion. Now that I look again, these may actually be a touch underexposed, and that's probably not helping. However, I would still do a sharpening pass and then maybe airbrush her skin out a bit.

On the color balancing.. the first two are just a bit green. 5-7 points towards magenta and I think you're good.

Noise? Hm. I did a quick pass on them and it really popped. They definitely need more sharpening... I see in the woman's skin that you get some speckling... I assume it's something in her complexion. Now that I look again, these may actually be a touch underexposed, and that's probably not helping. However, I would still do a sharpening pass and then maybe airbrush her skin out a bit.

On the color balancing.. the first two are just a bit green. 5-7 points towards magenta and I think you're good.

Yeah I actually do the extra green on purpose, kind of my style but I didnt think it was that noticeable. I did notice a decent different sharpening which is really odd. I did the sharpening in the raw editor and it looked like crap, but in photoshop it doesn't give as much noise

They're slightly snapshotish, but I like the lighting on the faces. I also like #2.

Yeah I actually do the extra green on purpose, kind of my style but I didnt think it was that noticeable. I did notice a decent different sharpening which is really odd. I did the sharpening in the raw editor and it looked like crap, but in photoshop it doesn't give as much noise

I find that a lot of the tools in Photoshop work better than the ones in ACR... contrast, saturation, sharpening... In ACR I tend to stick to dealing with getting the color right and basically working the histogram.

Interesting on the green... looks "off" to me, but I suppose if you like it...

EDIT: Actually, now that I look again, the green tint almost makes it look the same tint as "The Matrix" movies during certain scenes. Interesting.

You worked with the in-built flash of your camera???
In that case I must underline that you bounced it really well. While the backgrounds might still suggest "family reunion snapshots" to some, the way you worked with the light does not.

You worked with the in-built flash of your camera???
In that case I must underline that you bounced it really well. While the backgrounds might still suggest "family reunion snapshots" to some, the way you worked with the light does not.

oh wow, I missed that... that is quite imrpessive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back