Little buckaroos...

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by wildmaven, Oct 9, 2007.

1. wildmaven

wildmaven TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Oh my goodness, this was a fun shoot! These kids are rodeo kids and came in full dress. Sorry there are so many. :confused: As always, C/Cs are VERY VERY welcome and appreciated. :heart:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Helmet protects him if he falls
    [​IMG]

4. Hm. This looks much better full size..Here, it looks like she has a black eye!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Not quite sure WHAT he had in mind... :lmao:
    [​IMG]

2. emogirl

emogirl TPF Noob!

I think your images are really improving. I think overall the shots/poses would have benefited from being on location or at least outside, instead of in the studio, but sometimes that's just what you have to do.

I really like #1 & #7 for telling a story. #9 is a lovely shot, but does nothing to show the cowgirl theme...her skin is a tad yellow but that is easily fixed. Your lighting overall needs to be softened...are you boucing your flash into an umbrella or just directly from the side?

I am sure the parents will be really happy with 6 & 8 too....6 is a cute idea...again, works better outside on some bales of hay....and 8 the lighting is too harsh, but parents will like them.

Overall good job...you are improving!

3. wildmaven

wildmaven TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, Kim! :) Unfortunately, it poured buckets of rain and we had to do everything inside. There is a nice wooded area outside, and I kept thinking how much nicer it would've been if we could've been out there. Here in Washington state, the weather is a photographer's worst enemy.

I'm having trouble with my studio lighting. I don't use a flash, I used continuous flourescent studio lighting (with translucent umbrella attached) which is not giving me the results I want. Since most of what I am shooting are kids, they are really happy I don't use a flash. In fact, one of the kids on Sunday said, "your camera doesn't hurt my eyes." :lmao: I have 2 light/umbrella sets right now, but after these last 5 shoots I may have enough income to get something else. Any suggestions?

Cowboy hats are HARD to shoot around, hee hee. We have a large ranch population in the area, so I'm sure I'll do more. Maybe I should get my husband to buy a hat so I can practice on him. ;)

#9 is non-cowboy because her mom wanted to have at least one picture that showed her daughter as a girly-girl. I had to Photoshop the bottom of her front tooth because she had chipped it recently and hadn't had time to get it fixed (the dangers of calf roping, I guess).

Thanks. :hug::

4. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #4, 6 & 9. Very cute with the cowboy hats.