Little Buggers

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to the park today and tried my speedlite on some bugs. Im pretty happy with the result, but you decide :)
Here they are:
Park043.jpg

Park044.jpg

Park045.jpg

Park046.jpg

Park047.jpg

Park048.jpg

Park049.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

I really like #5, and I really dont like #6! Only because I am seriously aracnophobic!! Nice pics! :)

very nice Daan, what lens were you using?

thanks for the comments :)
Andy, i was using my Sigma 70-300mm F4-5,6 APO DG MACRO. Works like a charm that lens. And the speedlite really helps with bugs, they just look better then without it. Can use faster speeds too :)

Daan, they're awesome!! The details and colours are wonderful. I like 'em all, but the dragonfly in #7 is my fave.

thanks for the comments :)
Andy, i was using my Sigma 70-300mm F4-5,6 APO DG MACRO. Works like a charm that lens. And the speedlite really helps with bugs, they just look better then without it. Can use faster speeds too :)

Seriously, you want to get in touch with Sigma, they might be interested in some of those shots. Shame you not in the UK or I could of had a word with my Sigma Rep.

Whoa, the high res ones are jawdroppers too! (Why haven't we heard from Lafoto yet, given all the 'green' in these pics?? heehee)

Great shots Daan!
I really need to look into purchasing a Macro lens. I have been shooting alot of bugs lately (I find it really relaxing), but have been using manual extension tubes and crap... the quality isn't so great and I have to get really close.

So well done with these and you have a nice clean sensor :p

LP: well it isnt all from the camera, photoshop helped too. It needed some sharpening. But thanks for the compliment :)

Antarctican: Thank you. and i dont think Lafoto will go to a thread called Little Buggers :)

Gizmo2071:hehehe its not as clean as it looks. Took some sunset pics at F22 last week and it was nasty. Ah well, its ok for pics like this :)
And it isnt a true macro lens. Its 1:2 instead of 1:1 for the real thing. But its close enough :)

I like them all.

excellent pics

wow, these are all amazing, especially the dragonfly ones. i can never get them to stop moving for some reason

Most reactions

Back