Little Desi <3

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm doing that thing again where I'm posting these here first, because I want to post them NAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO, but it's late, so there's no point in actually posting them on my social media outlets.

I'M SO EFFING EXCITED ABOUT THIS LITTLE GIRL. (I may have mentioned that before...)

We (my photographer friend who took a more conceptual/artistic take on his photos with her) are DEFINITELY, 1000000000000% going to photograph her again.

I'm already excited about it and the plans aren't even set yet. :lol:

I've never been so excited about a personal project before. I think we found our little muse.:pumpformylove:

Desi0263.jpg

Desi0299.jpg

Desi0345.jpg

Desi0421.jpg

Desi0439.jpg

Desi0455.jpg

Desi0471.jpg

Desi0561.jpg

Desi0579.jpg

Desi0603.jpg

Desi0618.jpg

Desi0641.jpg

Desi0680.jpg

Desi0695.jpg

Desi0702.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! That girl has a GREAT future. Love the expressions and poses on these, but what's with the backgrounds???? Borrr-ing!! (and there's something odd going on under her eyes in a couple? Freq. separation not quite dialed in?)

WOW! That girl has a GREAT future. Love the expressions and poses on these, but what's with the backgrounds???? Borrr-ing!! (and there's something odd going on under her eyes in a couple? Freq. separation not quite dialed in?)

WELP... I mean it was shot in a studio... Sooooooo... I'd like to know what you would have wanted to see instead?

And you're going to have to be a little more specific about her eyes... Like... which *ones* are you talking about? Ha.

Gorgeous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! :allteeth:

Gelled spot on the background, silhouettes... there's lots you can do in a studio to make a plain background more interesting; 12-15 are good. #12 was the one that stood out as far as the eyes; not a big deal, and only visible at max res, but just for your technique refinement, 'cause I know you're not a perfectionist or anything! :lol:

Gelled spot on the background, silhouettes... there's lots you can do in a studio to make a plain background more interesting; 12-15 are good. #12 was the one that stood out as far as the eyes; not a big deal, and only visible at max res, but just for your technique refinement, 'cause I know you're not a perfectionist or anything! :lol:

I mean... sure. I could have done that, but I didn't want these to focus on the background. I wanted them focused on her. My intention was to keep these simple. Matthew, on the other hand, had all the crazy conceptual... everything, haha. So she's getting two completely different looks from us, which I think is pretty cool for her.

We're planning on doing more environmental stuff with her next time, but this time around, but this time I just wanted it to be about her. :)

And about #12... I still... don't know what you mean. What is standing out to you about #12? I mean she has a little more obvious texture under her eyes,due to lighting, if that's what you're referring to, but my goal wasn't to blast away all the texture in her skin. Unless you're referring to something else... in which case, I'm still going to need to you to elaborate, because I'm not quite pickin' up what you're puttin' down. :lol:

Do you mind if I post a crop of the area to show you? Might just be my imagination...

eyes.jpg

Like I said, it's hardly noticeable, but it didn't seem quite 'you'.

Which is what I thought you were talking about... that's just... her skin texture. :lol:

I didn't want to over-soften anything. When I first started retouching her photos, I started out the same way I always do and I realized it looked terribly unnatural on her, because... she's a wee bitty little girl, not a grown a** woman, so I scrapped the first photo and started over again and had a much lighter-handed approach to the way I treated her skin.

The skin on her cheeks and forehead looks much softer, not because I retouched it, but because I was shooting close with a super shallow depth of field, so there's a quick fall-off to the focus.

That being said, I DID soften that area a tiny bit, by default, as a result of the way I lighten dark circles under eyes, but even still, I didn't hit it that hard.

I'm constantly learning and refining my skin retouching. There are things I did a year ago, that I really hate now and feel like it looks unnatural. I'm working on finding a balance between a "finished" and "natural" feel to retouching.

She has really beautiful eyes, with a good deal of coloration difference between them. I like the simple backgrounds myself...looks very classy, very subtly color-coordinated in each instance. This set will probably have a verrrrrry long lifespan, so I think going with the timeless, simple backdrop is the right call. As for skin retouching, she doesn't need it.

She has really beautiful eyes, with a good deal of coloration difference between them. I like the simple backgrounds myself...looks very classy, very subtly color-coordinated in each instance. This set will probably have a verrrrrry long lifespan, so I think going with the timeless, simple backdrop is the right call. As for skin retouching, she doesn't need it.

I love, love, love her eyes. She has that red speck of color in her right eye that I just... it's so cool. :lol:

Most reactions

Back