Little girl and her dog (C&C please)

AngieDoogles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still trying to get a feel for studio work. Any C&C is greatly appreciated!

CrystalChipper025.jpg

her face looks a tad dark... and the shodow from her nose is a little distracting too.

try another light more to the left of her.

her face looks a tad dark... and the shodow from her nose is a little distracting too.

try another light more to the left of her.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I actually had a light on the left. Maybe I should move it in closer next time...

Yeah the left side does look a little bit dark, but i think its an awesome shot!

When I first saw this (and your remark that you must still get yourself used to studio work) I thought "But hey, she is very much on the right path already with this!" The pose, the girl's very relaxed style, outfit, background, dog ... all look like you knew what you were doing when you set out to taking this photo. OK, little doggie looks like he'd much rather flee from out of that position (;)), but that's cute about him!

The light, well, yes, even I as a total lay-person on studio lighting and studio photography in general, see that her nows throws a triangular shadow across her far eye, which is distracting, and ... that was the first I noticed ... she doesn't have even one catchlight in her eyes. Which makes her eyes look dark and lifeless. And she looks SO lively otherwise!

Thank you for the comments!

LaFoto, it is quite an honor to have you post here! Even though I don't post often, I come here and read daily. I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from you. I loved your droplets photos and look forward to trying it someday when I have a macro lens! :)

I too noticed that the catchlights were missing. I thought about adding some in using photoshop, but I feel like that would be cheating. I think my problem was that the lights were too high. She has catchlights in the photos where she was standing, but not when she's laying down. I should have adjusted the lights, but I've only just started and I feel like there are a million things I need to do and I ALWAYS forget something... Hopefully I'll get more and more comfortable with practice.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Most reactions

Back