Little girl C&C please

I don't have a studio either, however I have went out to walmart or a fabric store and bought a couple of yards of fabric, I tacked it to the wall to make a make shift one. You might want to give it a try especially if you get to photograph the baby often.

Good luck and keep practicing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and comment.

It appears as though you have a lot of "natural" props. Take advantage of them. The child is adorable, shoot her running barefoot through the grass, looking at the nature surrounding her, climbing on the fence, or doing something she would normally do in the setting you have available.

If you are hell bent to shoot her sitting in a container, select a container that would normally be found in the setting. i.e. a wagon is more likely to be found in an outdoor setting than a suitcase. The suitcase looks like something you would circle in a "what is wrong with this picture" exercise.

Looking at the expression on her face in one of the shots, I can imagine her blowing dandelions, throwing a handful of flower petals up in the air or spinning around in the wide open space and laughing. I can imagine her doing almost anything but sitting in a suitcase.

Also, open the aperture a few stops to blur the background so the subject isn't competing with the background.

As for the color, the original image looks much better. I would venture a guess that the gray look was the result of reducing the saturation.

It appears as though you have a lot of "natural" props. Take advantage of them. The child is adorable, shoot her running barefoot through the grass, looking at the nature surrounding her, climbing on the fence, or doing something she would normally do in the setting you have available.
... select a container that would normally be found in the setting. i.e. a wagon
... I can imagine her blowing dandelions, throwing a handful of flower petals up in the air or spinning around in the wide open space and laughing.

Good suggestions!

-Pete

Thank you everyone. Deb thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely have to try that. I appreciate it a lot.

OK, it is a little pastel - almost looks like false coloring (the green looks real the reds seem a bit under-saturated)

The composition is right on, this is cropped right for the story you are telling; this is a great picture; maybe a bit overexposed (look at the flower in her hair, no definition) - if your camera has AEB (auto exposure bracketing) where it takes 3 pics at different light levels of the same image you could look at that and see if the "underexposed" (by the camera's brain) actually is underexposed or has better color saturation - especially in red (and what about the hair?)

I tried darkening it (20 setting) is PSP 7.0 (fastest load / functioning I have vs adobe, etc.) and then sharpening and it looks much better that way; maybe you can use something similar; whatever you have

Thanks for the information! I haven't tried that, i'm a beginner, but I'm trying to learn. Thanks again :)

I love all the pics.....honestly..

well, there are some things to work on, but GUYS, comon....the girl and the authors idea is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
I love this...this makes me think how cute and "pure" we are when are kids...those eyes.....mmm....

I love EVERYTHING.....you are a very good photographer!

and actually if I saw the first photo somewhere esle I would have theought that was a professional postcard!!!!

Thanks Susan! You're very kind :) I liked the idea, but it's ok, everyone has there own opinions. I'm glad they share them. Thanks again.

Thanks I did check the white balance, but it just looks different when I upload it to photobucket. I'm not making excuses at all. I'm asking if you guys have seen it before. I don't have a studio, but I hope to try one one day :) NateS you don't have to write at all if it's a "waste of time." I find your comment pointles anyways, you didn't tell me anything. The comments aren't being ignored, the pictures have already been taken. I appreciate everyones comments.

Kayliana you have saved them in adobe RGB. You want to save them in sRGB for web display to retain the correct colors. Or do a "save for web" file.

I understand what you were going for in the first photo you posted. For that type of photo and styling I think it looks very nice.

Last edited:
Thank you! I didn't even realize. Thank you for the help :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back