little girl

colorful

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The story is about a little and her coming new sister.

DSC_3763.jpg

as a photo it works...but if it was me i would have fixed her top and the highlight on her knee

GOOD light, good situation, when viewed at full size, I see someting I like: I like the dust in the air all backlighted !

Chuasam noted the nits to pick (the top, the knee), but this is the type of light people love to see! yes, there are some technical quibbles, but on, that lighting! The light! Well-handled!

Keep shooting photos in that room in that kind of lighting and you'll have very appealing images.

as a photo it works...but if it was me i would have fixed her top and the highlight on her knee
Thank you for your comment.

I am using LightRoom and I don't how to fix these with it. Please give some clues. Thanks again.

GOOD light, good situation, when viewed at full size, I see someting I like: I like the dust in the air all backlighted !

Chuasam noted the nits to pick (the top, the knee), but this is the type of light people love to see! yes, there are some technical quibbles, but on, that lighting! The light! Well-handled!

Keep shooting photos in that room in that kind of lighting and you'll have very appealing images.
Can you please help me on how to fix top and knee light. I had tried paind and lower light but it looks weird.

Thank you.

Thank you for your comment.

I am using LightRoom and I don't how to fix these with it. Please give some clues. Thanks again.
Not sure how to fix that in lightroom either Hahhaha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

In Lightroom, I used the Burn tool at Minus 0.32 EV, and did three passes with it over the leg area, and the burned out highlights area on the dress. At the end I used the Recovery slider to recover some more highlight detail, but that made the dress area look a bit low in contrast, so I used the same brush and painted on + 59 Clarity to the dress area that had been burned down. I like doing burn-ins or dodge tool operations in three, or four steps, so there's less of a chance of the operation looking "clunky", and there's less need for exact, super-precise amounts..more smaller steps, rather than one, big step.
DSC_3763_TPF example.JPG

I can see you did some cloning on the edge of the dress/carpet area!

Honestly though, I do not mind blown-out highlights in photos like yours! The brightness can sometimes ADD a sense of real life to the photo. This is not a perfect re-work, but I did want to show you how the Lightroom tool brushes show the area that has been "painted on" in a red indicator, so you can see where you've applied dodging or other effects.

Attachments

• Burn tool 3rd pass.jpg
    Burn tool 3rd pass.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 66
  • BURN TOOL x 3 passes.jpg
    BURN TOOL x 3 passes.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 84
it's your daughter or a friend's, it's your house or a friend's (I assume), it would be far simpler to reshoot.

If it is your daughter, adjust the top, if it is your friends' get them to do it.

Last edited:
In Lightroom, I used the Burn tool at Minus 0.32 EV, and did three passes with it over the leg area, and the burned out highlights area on the dress. At the end I used the Recovery slider to recover some more highlight detail, but that made the dress area look a bit low in contrast, so I used the same brush and painted on + 59 Clarity to the dress area that had been burned down. I like doing burn-ins or dodge tool operations in three, or four steps, so there's less of a chance of the operation looking "clunky", and there's less need for exact, super-precise amounts..more smaller steps, rather than one, big step.View attachment 143814
I can see you did some cloning on the edge of the dress/carpet area!

Honestly though, I do not mind blown-out highlights in photos like yours! The brightness can sometimes ADD a sense of real life to the photo. This is not a perfect re-work, but I did want to show you how the Lightroom tool brushes show the area that has been "painted on" in a red indicator, so you can see where you've applied dodging or other effects.

Thank you very much for your demo and tips. That is much helpful I will try it myself.

it's your daughter or a friend's, it's your house or a friend's (I assume), it would be far simpler to reshoot.

If it is your daughter, adjust the top, if it is your friends' get them to do it.

Sure, I will do it.

Great shot... but you're ruining it by settling for this sort of editing work:

upload_2017-7-24_8-20-52.png

you need to use photoshop or alike for these sort of corrections.

Most reactions

Back