little girls (9 pics sorry)

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time shooting in RAW and using curves adjustments. What do you think?

no21cropbwrad.jpg

no19rad.jpg

no17bwrad.jpg

5. I need to take the magenta out ofher face, I see that now as I have uploaded it to phootbucket... will do ;)
no16no2rad.jpg

no12rad-1.jpg

no4bwrad.jpg

Last edited:
These are very nice...you should have tried RAW earlier because these are great. I like your other stuff too, but I think these bring you up a level in my opinion. Not because RAW automatically gives you superior photos, but because you leveraged what RAW can do for you. Great job!

thanks nicfargo, yes I never realized until I tried it how much better RAW can be even after reading it from just about every great photographer around. lol. Until recently my computer didn't have enough memory to allow me to put the RAW files on and edit - I've since taken care of that and am SO HAPPY I did! I'll never go back!!!!!
Thanks for taking your time to comment. :)

I like 5 and 6 the best, everything seem to fit perfectly. The color and the expression just kinda match with her friendly face. I don't know if that make any sense? Overall, you have a very nice series, I'm not keen on black background and a white dress though.

schumionbike - thanks for commenting. I really dont like black backgrounds but I didn't want to use white and i was limited in choices, which is why i tried the windowsill. I'll have to come up with some more options for christening gowns. Once I used burgandy, that was a good one. Don't know why I didnt do that again. hmmmmm.

Beautiful pics! I agree with nicfargo. This post definitely brought you up at least a level or 2. And yes, you found out how to leverage RAW to your advantage.

The eyes are nice and sharp. The BW tones are very nice as well. My only nitpick would be with #2 and #3, there is a little flake of skin by the eye in #2, and by the nose in #3. Some slight cloning at about 50-70% should take care of that nicely. I would love to see #3 as a black and white.

Nice job! :)

NJ

Nice Shots! They are all VERY good, but my favorite are 2,3, and 4.

im agreeing with njman. the eyes are amazing in all of them except for #8, in that picture it looks a little too overdone and her eyes look a little crazy. but #5 is AMAZING!!! my favorite shot i have seen in awhile. good job. cant wait to see more with you using raw.

NJMAN - as you wish ;) :
no19bwrad.jpg

and thanks for the comments I will clear up that skin.

TCIMAGES - thanks!

Applefanboy - thanks to you too. :)

mstevens - thanks, what nice things to say. :) I will tone down those eyes, LOL I laughed when i looked back at it after you mentioned the eyes, they do look like crazy eyes!

no25as5by7rad.jpg

here's another one - too bad about that chopped arm though! Kids can be tough!

I have to say that these are stunning! My faves are 2, 3 and 6! Very sharp, and the eyes are gorgeous! Beautiful little kids! I love the last one you posted...with the baby lying on the girl's back...such a cute idea! Very, very good! I bet the mother is thrilled!

Thanks Stacy - yes mom called me today after she saw them and was pretty excited which is good. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back