Little help with advanced D80 settings.

carlaD80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I just recently purchased a Nikon D80 and this is my first serious camera since my old nikon 35mm's so I'm a little out of the loop in terms of the various advanced settings that the D80 has. I have read the manual and done a few shoots with my camera but I really need a guide with the settings to make sure I get optimal performance.

Could someone give me a basic rundown on setting up my camera for the basic and advanced settings?:hugs:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

99% of the settings & controls will be basically the same as on every other DSLR camera.

Is there anything more specific that you want to know about your camera?

thanx- I just found the outthere info- looks like what I need

Here is a link to the controversial Ken Rockwell's free .PDF format Nikon D80 User's Guide

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80/users-guide/d80-users-guide.pdf

Now, if you feel like really,truly understanding your D80, plus over 30 lenses,as well as how to use Nikon flashes with your D80, there is the *supreme* guide, written by Thom Hogan, who has written an entire series of "Complete Guide to the Nikon ______" over the last 10 years.

Complete Guide to the Nikon D80

His Complete Guide to the Nikon D80 offers over 800 pages of information on CD, plus 96-page printed manual with the "high points".

Most reactions

Back