little help with picking

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by suhi, Jun 13, 2010.

  1. suhi

    suhi TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi! I'm buying my first DSLR camera and because I don't know a lot about them I would like some a advice. My budget is limited, therefore I would like to buy the best I get for a low price. I was surfing on the web and found some cameras that I liked:
    sony a290, a390
    nikon d3000
    canon eos 1000d

    Which do you recomend (other recomendations are also welcome :D)?
     
  2. Formatted

    Formatted TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2009
    Messages:
    1,390
    Likes Received:
    65
    Location:
    England
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    D3000 cause its Nikon or the Canon version. If you can get the D5000 or the D90.
     
  3. KmH

    KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    38,213
    Likes Received:
    5,001
    Location:
    Iowa
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Any of those will work just fine. They all are more than capable of producing nice photographs. The subtle differences between them are likely to remain meaningless to you until you have a year or two of experience under your belt. For example, I use Nikon cameras because the metering system used in all their dSLR cameras is color aware. Canon only has 2 cameras that have color aware metering and the least expensive of those is $1800 or so, without a lens.

    With dSLR cameras how nice the photos are has more to do with who is operating the camera, than the camera itself.

    To put things into perspective for you Nikon and Canon have 85% of the dSLR market with Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Fuji, Sigma, and the rest splitting up the remaining 15%.

    So, you will find help more readily available if you stick with Nikon or Canon.
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page

help picking the best canon in my budget

,

sony a390 vs nikon d3000