Little help with picture brightness please :)

iflabs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a DSC-W55 camera. I made a small light box and shot the following picture below.

dsc01245bt5.jpg

The thing that's bothering me is the level of brightness. The picture didn't come out as bright as I had the scene setup. I want a brightness similar to the car model picture shown below--note that this particular picture was shot with a higher end model camera as I was told.

55002jt7.jpg

Is my problem attributed to poor technique? Or is there a setting on the camera I can mess around with? Or maybe the camera is simply outclassed for this job?

You need to use a light meter to determine the correct exposure Aperture/Shutter speed to use when using light tents etc. Your picture is dark due to underexposure as the overall brightness of the scene has fooled the cameras own meter, if you can dial in different AP/SS values next time you set this up overexpose the shot by 2 stops from the readings the camera sets, if its still too dark go another stop, but I reckon its two stops down. H

I think it's just a simple matter of white balance and exposure adjustment. Hopefully this was shot RAW?

Thanks for the input.

I read up a little bit on aperture/shutter/exposure and found out my camera is relatively weak (it's one of those "point and click cameras"). It doesn't have a true manual mode and comes with automatic shutter/aperture settings.

Although a tad fuzzy this was the best I came out with. Settings were at +1 EV, incandescent wb, + contrast, rich color mode, and iso100.

dsc01278ey9.jpg

I'm slowing taking photography as a hobby now. Maybe it's time to invest in some good equipment...

is there a black spot on the figures inner left leg by any chance? i think you might have a bad dust spot on your sensor. what kind of camera are you using by the way?

Most reactions

Back