little help

paulgibson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to get my first Dslr soon, I've only used point and click stuff untill now, after endless sites and reviews I'm torn between the
Olympus 450d or canon eos 450
What yous think?

As I said I'm really a novice in this area so any any advic would be great

Look beyond the camera bodies and consider any accessories you may want. Canon accessories are ubiquitous and everywhere. Used equipment will also be easier to find with Canon.

You also may want to share what your primary use of the camera will be. Are you wanting to just snap off pictures of memorable family events and vacations? Are you wanting to create some art with your pictures? Make money?

For most people's uses, the brand of the camera doesn't really matter. They are all pretty good.

As mentioned, consider that you will be buying into a system. So from then on, the lenses & accessories you add, will have to be part of the system that you choose now. This is one reason why Canon & Nikon are at the top of the list. But if you're never going to go past the camera & a couple lenses, Olympus or Pentax or Sony would do just fine.

I think that it's a good idea to go into a good camera store and hold a bunch of models. If one of them feels more comfortable to you, that might be reason enough to go with that brand/model.

My real use for the camera is art| I want to blow up my pics to A3/4 but I want a camera that can do all the work, a little of the work or none ie shutter speeds white ballance ect.

Your right about the second hand gear for canon and its somthing I never thought about, the point about handling the gear is somthing I was going to do but didn't want to buy a nice cam, I want a good one if that makes much sense.

What I'm worried about is buying a camera that is out dated or I've out grown in 6 months

My real use for the camera is art| I want to blow up my pics to A3/4 but I want a camera that can do all the work, a little of the work or none ie shutter speeds white ballance ect.

Your right about the second hand gear for canon and its somthing I never thought about, the point about handling the gear is somthing I was going to do but didn't want to buy a nice cam, I want a good one if that makes much sense.

What I'm worried about is buying a camera that is out dated or I've out grown in 6 months

Most reactions

New Topics

Back