Little league baseball game - C&C please

lowcel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still very new to this but I took some pictures that I consider pretty decent and the parent's of the little boy really enjoyed. I was wanting to see if I could get some opinions here though and hopefully some pointers to make them even better in the future.

Austin6.jpg

Austin8.jpg

Austin9.jpg

HAHAHHA yes!! Love the thumbs up picture. The one criticism I would have is be aware of whats in your frame. In the first picture its very distracting having the (fence?) in the composition and in the 2nd that his head is cut off. Cropping the 3rd into like a vertical 5x7 I think will be a great shot that would definitely stay out year round at the parents house.

Very cute pictures. I love the thumbs up! Be careful to watch that yellow bar (fence?) at the bottom of your shot. If there is any way in the future to just get up a little higher to avoid it, then your shot will improve greatly (You might even get those feet in the shot too).

Just a side note, some parents are uncomfortable with pictures of their kids posted on the web. If you are planning on doing this type of photography (and posting these pictures here or anywhere else), you might want to make sure it's ok first in case they were to SOMEHOW find out and get upset about it.

Nice pictures!

Very cute pictures. I love the thumbs up! Be careful to watch that yellow bar (fence?) at the bottom of your shot. If there is any way in the future to just get up a little higher to avoid it, then your shot will improve greatly (You might even get those feet in the shot too).

Just a side note, some parents are uncomfortable with pictures of their kids posted on the web. If you are planning on doing this type of photography (and posting these pictures here or anywhere else), you might want to make sure it's ok first in case they were to SOMEHOW find out and get upset about it.

Nice pictures!

I always get the parents release as a hard copy, email should do. It would be especially bad if they found out from someone else that they saw pictures online. I think too this would be more important if there were no type of contract involved with no explanation on rights of usage.

Thank you very much for all of the opinions. I cropped the yellow out after I posted, didn't realize I hadn't updated my picture on photobucket. :(

On the second picture I saw him take off, grabbed my camera and took a quick picture. I think it would have been a nice shot if I would have got his head in there. What can I say, I'm learning. :D

I had permission to post the pictures but I do understand what you are saying. It is just verbal though so I will go ahead and remove them from my photobucket account "just in case". :(

On aside note, I returned this camera to wal-mart yesterday and purchased a T1i to replace it.

Nice pictures!

I always get the parents release as a hard copy, email should do. It would be especially bad if they found out from someone else that they saw pictures online. I think too this would be more important if there were no type of contract involved with no explanation on rights of usage.

I will do this in the future. For this time I chose to delete the pictures since I only have verbal permission. Thank you all for looking out for a newbie. :blushing:

OH NO...Don't delete them!!!! there's no reason to do that. Just be careful where you post and use them. It's just a good idea to get the A-OK before marketing with them and the like. I'm pretty sure you would be doing no harm posting on tpf for some advice on taking the picture. But for instance, I threw together a direct mailer with a couple of event pics. I made sure to get the ok's from all parents whos children appeared on it (I had no contract with them, more of a freelance event with the approval of the head of event to take the pictures). I think too its just good practice that at the minimum the parents are aware of what you are doing with the picture. Regardless of right or wrong, if the parent doesn't want anything done with the picture it would behoove you to respect their wishes.

With all this being said, you may want to consider getting the consent from the association of (youth baseball in that town?) if you are looking to sell pictures. I'm not sure of the legal ramifications of not having it though. A lot of times they already have contracted photographers working the events.

But all in all, there is no need for you to delete your pictures.

I've always understood that if it's a public event, even with kids, you can take all the pics you want, and even sell them.

OH NO...Don't delete them!!!! there's no reason to do that. Just be careful where you post and use them. It's just a good idea to get the A-OK before marketing with them and the like. I'm pretty sure you would be doing no harm posting on tpf for some advice on taking the picture. But for instance, I threw together a direct mailer with a couple of event pics. I made sure to get the ok's from all parents whos children appeared on it (I had no contract with them, more of a freelance event with the approval of the head of event to take the pictures). I think too its just good practice that at the minimum the parents are aware of what you are doing with the picture. Regardless of right or wrong, if the parent doesn't want anything done with the picture it would behoove you to respect their wishes.

With all this being said, you may want to consider getting the consent from the association of (youth baseball in that town?) if you are looking to sell pictures. I'm not sure of the legal ramifications of not having it though. A lot of times they already have contracted photographers working the events.

But all in all, there is no need for you to delete your pictures.

Thanks, I have no intent of selling pictures, I'm just trying to learn. On top of that I really enjoyed seeing the boy's parents faces when I printed them out and gave them the disk with the pictures of their son. They were not at all happy with the pictures they paid for that were taken by a professional photographer. The face was very blury on the pictures they purchased. I am supposed to print some more pictures for the grandparents this evening. :D

No harm in posting up those pictures here.

You might run into issues if you are selling them or using them to market yourself, but if its just for posting for fun, or for opinions and such, you should not have any issues.

hahah isn't it the greatest feeling when you see the parents' faces light up when you caught that priceless expression? I'm very excited to photograph a end of the year dance recital this upcoming weekend for the 2nd year now. The parents just love the impromptu pics on stage and I've had overwhelming comments about making sure I'm there and how to they ensure I get pictures of their children!

Well I'm giving my photobucket account a pretty good workout today. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back