Little miss Brianna Lynn

Holly Marie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hnsphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first child ever to try to shoot for my portfolio. I loved it (even though she wouldn't slow down or look at me half the time) Since she was my first child to shoot I did as a freebie. Her mom even brought her a change of clothes. So what do you all think? C&C welcome =D
bri5.jpg

bri2.jpg

Bri1.jpg

bri3.jpg

bri4.jpg

Hi - congrats on your first kids shoot. they're interesting huh? lol
What were your settings on these? Its seems like they may have some camera shake to them and a few look a bit underexposed.
I think you could crop number 5 to a horizontal, might be somehting worth trying out. ;)
I think that number 4 would look very cool in black and white. I did one but only had a few minutes to play so its not the best try.

Kids move a lot and fast and if you have enough light then a fast shutter speed with kids can work wonders! Do you know what yours was?

tpf-4.jpg

Thanks! I really don't know the settings I used . I just got a Canon rebel XTI and I'm still trying to play around and get use to it. I know some of the ones I took were out of focus but, I'm still learning lol

Thanks! I really don't know the settings I used . I just got a Canon rebel XTI and I'm still trying to play around and get use to it. I know some of the ones I took were out of focus but, I'm still learning lol

Hey that's ok - you'll get there. Just keep practicing and reading. ;) The people here are very helpful so keep posting even if it frustrates you. :) I got my camera last year adn I still have more to learn but I've gotten a LOT of useful information from here.

one thing that i noticed is that all the eyes are out of focus, which really detracts from the photograph. ALWAYS make sure that the eyes are clear, it really makes a difference.

Holly, do you use choose your focus point or do you let the camera do it for you?

The XTi has 9 different focus points to choose from. This helps tremendously. Often times, I will set it in the middle and then make sure that point is right on the eyes and press the shutter 1/2 way until it focusses, then recompose and depress the shutter the full way.

Try that; it really does wonders.

Good job and keep sharing!

Holly, do you use choose your focus point or do you let the camera do it for you?

The XTi has 9 different focus points to choose from. This helps tremendously. Often times, I will set it in the middle and then make sure that point is right on the eyes and press the shutter 1/2 way until it focusses, then recompose and depress the shutter the full way.

Try that; it really does wonders.

Good job and keep sharing!

exactly! read the manual on how to change this, it will help wonders.

i think you have a nice start here, lots of good ideas.

as others have said, make sure to pay attention to what settings you are using, so in the future you can learn to read the scene better and know what you will probably need to use then! make sure to learn how to switch shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and even white balance quickly. you'll get there. it'll seem overwhelming, but practice and you'll get it.

I love three, the composition and colors in it are wonderful. It does look a touch blurry and flat. Maybe play around with your contast and sharpening.

I totally agree about reading the manual...over and over and keep it on hand while learning in case you need to look things up. Another thing to learn is how to meter for your exposure. When you get comfortable enough switch to manual focus. I just started using manual and LOVE the results, much better, much sharper then auto focus.

Wow....Thanks everyone I will DEFF be reading that manual over and over...and I had no idea the XTI has 9 different focus points.. Wow thank you so much!

Most reactions

Back