Little recovery problem

kyen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure if this is the right spot to be posting this but I'll give it a try.
I recently lost every picture that was on my external drive (everytime I load the drive I get a corrupted message), I downloaded a photo recovery program so I could recovery some pictures from my laptop and desk top. This program (Art Plus software)some how recovered my pictures and LOTS of other images from recently viewed websites. The problem is that the photos that I took are sssssoooooo small and I can't get them to there full size!
I have photoshop elements 3 and can see the thumbnail in the organizer but they will not load!
Can these photos ever be recovered??? Am I doing something wrong??? Using the wrong software???

Any suggestions

Last edited:
Probably using the wrong software. Screw anything that's strictly a "photo recovery program". Buy a piece of actual, industry-recognized data-recovery software. You'll need to do your homework first. That, or send the drive to a reputable company that does data recovery. Costly, but as long as they're actually a reputable agency, then probably worth it if you really don't know anything about data recovery.

The problem is that the photos that I took are sssssoooooo small and I can't get them to there full size!

Any suggestions
If the photos were taken were so small to begin with, that's as big as they get...?....or am I not really understanding this :confused:

well, I am not sure if elements uses previews or anything, but it sounds to me like it could have found the temporary thumbnail previews of the actual images. In which case the software didn't find the actual images, it just found the thumbnails.

I don't really know, that's just what it sounds like to me.

If the photos were taken were so small to begin with, that's as big as they get...?....or am I not really understanding this :confused:

When I downloaded the picture from my camera and view it before moving to my external drive it was full screen

hi kyen, you seen the photos in a thumbnail view because these are anot your actual photos size this is just a preview of your lost photos. The same condition has gone to me with my SD card which has been corrupted and i thought of losing all my photos. Although I tried all the photo recovery software but finally a Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software do the job for me. Not only it previews all my deleted photos,it also recovered all while investing a small amount of money.

I have used GetDataBack from Runtime software Data Recovery Software - Hard Drive Recovery - RAID Recovery - Runtime Software to recover tons of data from various hard disks and RAID arrays.

There's a free download that you can use to determine what you can recover. The purchase price is very inexpensive, and the tech support is very good.

I am not affiliated with these folks except that I am just a happy customer.

First and foremost, do not, I repeat, do not, try adding or deleting anything from the external disk until after your recovery efforts, or you may overwrite some 'deleted' but very important data.

The little I know about hard drive recovery tells me that it's probably best to have a professional do it. There's a whole lot that goes into actual real data recovery, like right down to the microscopic level on the actual platters.

Most reactions

Back