Little wild Horse Canyon in Ut

Achaicus

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hiking this past summer in a slot canyon in Utah USA down near lake mead.

LittleWildHorseCanyon.jpg

Canyontree.jpg

Yeah a polerizing filter would have made that a lot better. Actually the colors in that shot are all a bit washed out, the yellow cliffs are not as bright as life and the stream bed is to pale. But for being 4 miles into the canyon with a point and shoot I think it isn't to bad.

Your fix helps the cliff color, but the stream bed was red with blue/purple shades mixed in not yellowish

Your fix helps the cliff color, but the stream bed was red with blue/purple shades mixed in not yellowish

Why don't you play a little bit with the curves adjustments and layer blending modes in your picture editor to fix those things? Maybe you can restore the original feeling you had when making the photo?

Ok I'll show my ignorance, what would be a program that I could do that with? I tried with the basic program that came on the computer but I wasn't able to fix it much. I'll admit I have not done much because it is discouraging to work with a camera that doesn't take a very good file to begin with. So I just work on composition and creativity.

Ok I'll show my ignorance, what would be a program that I could do that with? I tried with the basic program that came on the computer but I wasn't able to fix it much. I'll admit I have not done much because it is discouraging to work with a camera that doesn't take a very good file to begin with. So I just work on composition and creativity.
There is no shame. You can do a lot with the camera itself. It just takes practice. But it's important to try things in order to really learn. A program on the other side, that could help is Adobe Photoshop (I have the CS3 Version). It's expensive though! There are other (free or less expensive) programs for sure. Maybe someone else can help with them.

i find you can use hdr software like photomatix to evenly expose your photographs (and make weird alien looking landscapes if you're bored). google it the trial version is free... you'll have to shoot several pics at different exposures though... second thought google hdr after you google photomatix...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back