Live and breathe your work (5 images)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Brian_barrett, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Brian_barrett

Brian_barrett TPF Noob!

This collection doesn;t havea very good title. I was trying to take photos for a category "where I live", and thought that as a PhD student, I really do live in my data... but then i realised that would be stretching hte interpretation a little. So I'll post my collection here instead. I'm very interested to know what you like, and what you wish I had done differently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. (when interpreting radar or seismic data, it usually helps to view from an angle to exagerate the patterns of the events)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    these are interesting. i really like the last one, with your formulas on a post-it. when i was in chem and physics, my data never looked anything like this, although I guess spectrometry could be considered data and there was definitly a "science" to reading those things... are these from a seismograph or something? the paper almost looks textured or 3D

3. Brian_barrett

Brian_barrett TPF Noob!

Thanks, These are actually Ground Penetrating Radar data collected from a glacier. The dark line across the middle of the profile is the reflection of the signal from the bottom of the glacier. I know these will be appreciated by other geophysicists, but I'm hoping they can be asthetically pleasing with out knowledge of the science. I think I agree that number 5 is the closest at achieving this.