Live Band Shots

guitarmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

389187517_9ebfd7a471.jpg

#2 - I don't like the harsh shadow his arm throws across his body, but I don't know how to not do that with off-camera flash. I didn't have a on-flash diffuser on me.

389187500_fb19ce8d74.jpg

if the flash is off the camera....you can use bounce flash off the ceiling

Nice shots - Did you try any shots with the ambient light.. ? These can be pretty effective although a bit hit and miss.

Thanks for sharing.
Andy

I didn't bounce the flash because the ceilings were wood and gave it an odd color. Plus I was kinda half-cut and didn't bother with a preset WB.

It was so dim in there, I couldn't use ambient light. I did for a couple shots of the venue itself, which turned out nice. But the shutter speed would have been WAY too low for any discernable action shots. Plus, I don't like to crank my ISO up cuz I find the D50 gets pretty noisy.

Any DSLR gets noisy at ISO1600. It's just something you have to live with. The D40/50/70's are actually pretty good with noise too if you shoot RAW. Just use Neat image or Noise Ninja if it gets too much for you. I use it all the time when I shoot football. If it's a matter of getting a great shot at ISO 1600 with ambient light and getting a so-so one at ISO 200 with a flash, than i'd go for the ambient at 1600.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back