Live Performance Tips?

hElloiTsMartian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im about to shoot my buddies band perform and im wondering what i should do to set up before. im really new to all this so what settings should i use and stuff.

thanks

Scout the location. Shoot a bunch of test shots before the night of so that you know what settings work best instead of trying to figure it out that night and miss a shot. Stay away from flash IMO use fast glass and boost ISO to reasonable levels. Have fun

What lens(es) do you have? If you dont have a 50mm Id recommend picking one up, the 1.8 for either Nikon or Canon, guessing you have one of these brands, can be picked up for around the $100 mark, very cheap.

Lenses, camera, etc? High ISO, wide aperture, and as fast as a shutter speed as you can get. If your friend's band or the venue doesn't have at least some type of lighting, don't expect to be able to do much. Using flashes usually kill the shots as well. Generally speaking...

I found shooting bands is hard to get good focus, as they move ALOT, I couldnt figure out a good setting last time i went due to bad lighting and lots of action..........I ended up out of pure frustration using the ''sport'' setting to compensate the movement!

you can get good shots even with a point and shoot. steady hands, high iso, open aperture, and shutter speed around 1/60-1/125 if they aren't moving erratically.

You can't set anything up before hand because you don't know the conditions will be, if you don't have fast lenses you might aswell leave your camera at home and enjoy the music

Most reactions

New Topics

Back