live view fully open?

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick question for the canon 6d - when i enter live view, I am stuck on the widest open aperture on the lens unless i press the depth of field preview button on the lens, correct?

Any SLR or DSLR that is working correctly will do the same thing. It's so you can see the scene and light meter can meter the scene. Even an old Nikon F works that way. The shutter stays open until you press the shutter release and then it snaps to the f-stop setting and takes the shot - then snaps back open so you can see through it again.

I know my Cannon rebel has "exposure simulation" in live view, so its changing the brightness of the LCD screen in order to "simulate" what your image will look like at your current exposure setting.

so, if you put it on live view and scroll through the aperture settings, the image will lighten/darken on the fly even though the aperture isn't moving at all.

I actually find it kind of handy for teaching the the exposure triangle to people

Page 103 to 113 in the manual.

I think while live view will preview compensate for exposure on screen I dont think there is anyway is can preview for DOF without using the preview button as previously mentioned. Just a thought.

Just a quick question for the canon 6d - when i enter live view, I am stuck on the widest open aperture on the lens unless i press the depth of field preview button on the lens, correct?

don't have the 6D but that's how it works on other models

Most reactions

New Topics

Back