Lizard eye

ksproul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was playing around with my new Canon 100mm macro lens today, shooting some close-up shots of my pet bearded dragon. I just thought I'd share one of them. Comments and criticism are welcome. Thanks!

Kris

lizard_eye.jpg

This is pretty cool. How close was the lens from his eye, and how long did he sit still? I never realized that their eyes were so different from ours.

its a great pic, but i wish bearded dragons were green or something..... i'm not fond of that dirty yellow color...

its a great pic, but i wish bearded dragons were green or something..... i'm not fond of that dirty yellow color...

lol, but then they'd stand out a mile in their natural environment :greenpbl:

Cool shot :)
I'll have to take some of mine and my chameleon.

This is pretty cool. How close was the lens from his eye, and how long did he sit still? I never realized that their eyes were so different from ours.

I was just about a foot away, which is the minimum distance for this lens (and the 1:1 point). When he sits still, he's perfectly still, so that helped, but he did turn his head to look around every now and then, so I had to keep refocusing/recomposing. This particular shot is cropped also. It's only about a quarter of the original shot.

He actually is mostly green. Not a bright green, but still green. He's just got yellow patches around his eyes (lately anyway).

Oh he is neat! I like that a lot. I like the yellow color personallly. :D

By the way, do you guys like the "sparkle" in his eye? It's actually a reflection of the skylight in my living room (which is what provided most of the light for this), and it wasn't intentional, but I think I might kind of like it there. What do you think? Would it better without the reflection? Thanks.

It doesn't really add to or detract from the image, in my opinion. It's one of those things that's just "there." It's not distracting in the least bit, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back