Local car show & drag race

bullitt453

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangsofburlington.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven't posted in a while. Thought I would share a few shots from the recent NMRA/NMCA drag race & car show event at the new Z-Max dragway in Concord, NC. First time ever attempting panning shots. Several came out decent, but I believe I like the one posted the best out of the bunch. C&C is welcome.

3808602968_6811d3593b_o.jpg

3808604400_112da1f63f_o.jpg

3808609588_2f10790194_o.jpg

3807798545_8a215e0a5c_o.jpg

3808637032_f9fd5c747c_o.jpg

3808659286_31aa1c47ef_o.jpg

3807845253_994b9b703e_o.jpg

3807910613_b1bb33e11e_o.jpg

This one isn't for C&C or anything cause I know it's not that great of a pic, but I just had to post it. Imagine this monster coming up behind you!!! 6/71 blown, twin turbos, and direct port nitrous all stuffed into (or out of, lol) a 69 Z/28!:confused:
3807823543_ca8bcb1139_o.jpg

These are awesome! Everything looks so pretty and shiny. It's nice to see that someone has the exact same gear as I do too. Nice work, Broseph Stalin.

edit: The one gripe I have is that maybe the aperture on #3 could be a little more open to get the letter in the foreground in focus.

Awesome!
I got a 69 Firebird 400!

Do you ever get attitude while taking pictures at the shows?

these are some amazing photos, I especially like #5.

your colors look so darn clear and crisp on all these photos! great job!

Nice comp. I like #'s 1,5, and 7. :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!!!

Awesome!
I got a 69 Firebird 400!

Gotta love the 69 Firebird. I actually prefer those over the Camaros. I attend so many car shows and see some many first-gen (67-69) Camaros that I just don't find anything overly special about them. Of course, there are exceptions like Yenkos and COPOs.

As for attitudes, quite the opposite. A lot of people at car shows know me because I also show my car (2001 Mustang Bullitt #00453) and they know I constantly have a camera in my hands.:mrgreen: I'm actually in the process of starting up a photography business specializing in automotive photography. :thumbup:

How did you get that "retro/vintage" look to some of them like 2,3,5,and 7?
All of the images were edited in Lightroom. For car shots like #2 & #5, I really like the BW Noble preset. I applied it to them and then tweaked various setting from there. For #3, I upped the contrast and saturation, applied the BAM 2 preset, and applied a lens correction to provide the vignette. For #7, I didn't use any presets. There is quite a bit of time in that image to make it look that way. I'm not on my primary PC so don't have access to the exact settings I used. I'll try to remember to look at it this evening. :thumbup:

my personal favorite is #7
if you haven't captured too many "panning" shots before then you're done a GREAT job.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!!!

Awesome!
I got a 69 Firebird 400!

Gotta love the 69 Firebird. I actually prefer those over the Camaros. I attend so many car shows and see some many first-gen (67-69) Camaros that I just don't find anything overly special about them. Of course, there are exceptions like Yenkos and COPOs.

As for attitudes, quite the opposite. A lot of people at car shows know me because I also show my car (2001 Mustang Bullitt #00453) and they know I constantly have a camera in my hands.:mrgreen: I'm actually in the process of starting up a photography business specializing in automotive photography. :thumbup:

It's a great car, the only problem is they have so little parts for it (at least some parts are hard to find). I'm restoring it - all original (besides screws..etc), I finally found the radio - $300.00 off Ebay. :p

I agree about the Camaros, they're nice of course, but nothing too special since they're everywhere.

My cousin has a similiar Mustang too, can't remember the exact model.

Maybe it's just here but there are quite a few people here who get a bit agitated when seeing their car photographed. I've never brought my SLR yet, but I've seen it. I'll have to try soon. I'll try to get some pictures of my Firebird up soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back