Local News and Events; How do you stay abreast of whats going on in your city?

FstopRocker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good Afternoon Folks,
I've recently started shooting news and events, and was just wonder what sort of tools you used to keep an eye on what's coming up and/or going on.

As of now, with my limited experience in the photojournalism world, my 'stay in the loop' routine pretty much consists of keeping a notebook with me, and listening to the radio for advertisements and writing down Tv commercials. Along with keeping an eye on local city websites and watching the local news every morning.

What sort of tools do you employ to stay in the know?

I look forward to hearing your comments! Thanks.

~Ryan

1. Join community organizations like the Chamber of Commerce
2. Get a police scanner.
3. Get a job with a newspaper
4. Make friends with journalists
5. Go to local municipality meetings

For local breaking news events a fire/police scanner is best. Local radio stations are next. For up coming events local radio stations and newspaper websites. Plus their Facebook pages will be very big help.

Good Afternoon Folks,
I've recently started shooting news and events, and was just wonder what sort of tools you used to keep an eye on what's coming up and/or going on.

As of now, with my limited experience in the photojournalism world, my 'stay in the loop' routine pretty much consists of keeping a notebook with me, and listening to the radio for advertisements and writing down Tv commercials. Along with keeping an eye on local city websites and watching the local news every morning.

What sort of tools do you employ to stay in the know?

I look forward to hearing your comments! Thanks.

~Ryan

I'm a volunteer fire chief so every time I get tapped out (pager goes off) I know what's going on in town (emergency related). Problem with that is, I don't/won't/shouldn't be taking any photos of those types of issues that happen in town. Maybe someday when I retire. lol! Of course if I listen to Suze Orman I won't be retiring for another 35 years! Yuck!

Most reactions

Back