Location Lighting (With no car)?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by The Phototron, Oct 6, 2007.

1. The Phototron

The Phototron TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I live in a small apartment, so there's no room for a home studio. I am thinking of getting Dyna-Lite M52BT. Anybody have any experience with them? Michael Grecco uses them, but he has a car and several assistants...

I am also considering the Alienbees The Digibee package (but with B800s). I'm wondering is it possible to carry them by hand or backpack or rolling case? And by possible, I should be specific, I mean possible in a way that is not too uncomfortable.

2. Helen B

Helen B TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm still using the older D series Dyna-Lites. I manage to carry a D800 II power pack (which is heavier than the M500), two heads, UNI400JR monolight, two softboxes, stands and an angle reducing ring in a Lightware case; portable background kit in another case; tripod and camera bag. That's about the limit of what I'm happy to carry on my own, though usually there will be someone to help. I haven't owned a car since moving to Manhattan.

Best,
    Helen

3. The Phototron

The Phototron TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey! I live in Manhattan too!

Wait...you're not walking are you...with all those...

4. DeepSpring

DeepSpring TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You could always get a small dolly to load everything up on if it becomes too much to carry