Loch an Eilean

NeoDude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flowinglight.com
Hey folks. First post.

Want some comments on this shot which I took a couple of weeks ago.....

Loch%20an%20Eilean.jpg

Thanks

IMO this is absolutely perfect!!! I love the tones, the composition, and everything about it :) Very stunning shot!!! If you don't mind me asking, is this film or digital? And what settings you used and adjustments you might have made to it?

My only suggestion would be to create a frame so that you can put your link on it rather than the shot so it doesn't detract from it :)

Great work and welcome to the forum!!! You're going to fit in here well with shots like this!!! Oh and you might read the rules for critiquehttp://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23315
;)

Very nice Scottish light here. Beautiful composition and perspective with the inclusion of the rocks in the foreground. One suggestion would be to do a selective levels/contrast adjustment to the island in the center of the shot to help it stand out more from the background and give the shot even more depth.

Nice job.

Tuna

Stunning. I love the composition, the golden glow, the lonely boat........everything. Well done and I can't wait to see more. Welcome!

Thanks for the comments folks. It was taken on a Fuji S7000 in RAW with a Cokin sunset filter. I boosted the saturation during the RAW conversion and I carried out a selective feathered levels adjustment on the top surface of the rocks and also on the island.

I'm currently awaiting delivery on an EOS350D with 17-85mm lens so have lost all interest in taking photos with the Fuji :D Been waiting 3 damn weeks so far :x

i had to wait 3 weeks for my 350D too :(
But well worth it!
AWESOME shot btw!!!

When I saw this shot I thought it looked familiar.....so I grabbed my copy of Digital Camera, turned to page 74 and there it was!!

Not sure whether I agree with what they said or not, but it obviously made some sort of impression on me to be able to turn to it straight away :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back