Loch Lomond

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just arrived back from Scotland and here's a quick rundown of events.
Left home in beautiful sunshine and made our way north to Loch Lomond. After a 4 hour drive and 240 miles on the clock, we arrived at our destination to be greeted to the heaviest rainfall that I have seen. This lasted for a further 36 hours.
Roads were blocked off in some places due to the rain causing minor avalanches of mud etc.

After our evening meal and an evening sat in front of a roaring fire we retired, tired from the journey. The following morning, raring to go, we where met by, you guessed it, more rain. More roads where flooded behond recognition but did this put us off? Yes!. and we returned to the hotel. In the afternoon we decided to brave the elements and venture out. We mananged a small walk around the loch, but the rain was still too heavy to really enjoy it.

So, Like all good Brits, we settled for an afternoon sampling the local beers etc. Four hours later I was under the table with a big smile on my face :drunk: Boy that beer was strong.

The weather did mar the occasion a little but we still enjoyed ourselves. I'll return for sure another day but it'll have to be during the summer next time. From what i can remember, :roll: it really is a beautiful place. I managed to take only a handful of shots, here's what you all missed.

The first is the hotel we stayed in. The second is the view from the hotel

hotel_01.jpg

loch_lomond.jpg

Rain or shine.....that looks like one beautiful place!! I agree, I'd definitely head back there and give it another try. Wow!

Drinking beer in Scotland....shame on you!
So what was wrong with the "Perthshire lemonade" huh?
I guess I was right about the weather though and the low light conditions but that shot of the hotel is neat.
Glad you enjoyed yourself.

wow, lovely place :D ... were packing our bags and coming over... got room for two? oh wait, we got the dog now ... two and a half? :roll:

Most reactions

Back