Lock Down!

GeorgeUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbmwforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a snapshot taken in the garden today. Used the standard kit lens but with an additional +10 mag lens added on the front.

A touch of p'shop done, converted to b&w, boosted the contrast and added the slightest touch of red.

Not a very exciting photo, but I think it works well.

C&C as well as any advice welcome as always. :)

Yalelock.jpg

i like this pic. i just wish the lock was plain and didn't have any wording on it.

Well, I for one like the word on it, so at last I know what a Yale-lock is that I always read about in my English crime stories ;). I also like the simplicity of the composition, the angle (that's a rare thing for me to say, i.e. that I like photo with an angle!) and the pp work. Nice find, and a good example for the fact that you can, indeed, take good photos even if you are not surrounded by stunning landscapes or cityscapes.

i like this pic. i just wish the lock was plain and didn't have any wording on it.

Thanks, I see what you're saying. In the UK, 'Yale' is the most famous brand associated with locks so I thought it would add to the photo. Moreover, it's a nice demonstration of the sharpness achieved.

Well, I for one like the word on it, so at last I know what a Yale-lock is that I always read about in my English crime stories ;). I also like the simplicity of the composition, the angle (that's a rare thing for me to say, i.e. that I like photo with an angle!) and the pp work. Nice find, and a good example for the fact that you can, indeed, take good photos even if you are not surrounded by stunning landscapes or cityscapes.

Thank you. I took multiple photos, at different angles, I felt that this worked the best with the composition.

Most reactions

Back