Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The full shoot can be viewed at Stalley Photography

This was my first shoot with a newborn. Looking back there are things I would have changed ... I had thought she was going to wear a black shirt so I brought the black background so I'm not thrilled with the high contrast in some. Wish I would have thought to have her take out her watch. Overall I'm pleased with how they came out. I appreciate your taking the time to look!

Attachments

• $IMG_1531bw.jpg
    $IMG_1531bw.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 125
  • $IMG_1555.jpg
    $IMG_1555.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 108
  • $IMG_1545.jpg
    $IMG_1545.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 122
  • $IMG_1580.jpg
    $IMG_1580.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 106
  • $IMG_1603bw.jpg
    $IMG_1603bw.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 109
  • $IMG_1668.jpg
    $IMG_1668.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 106
I like the ones where the baby is looking up at his mom, but that watch is just so distracting! Everything else is great though! :)

I really like the black background in the mommy/baby shot. I also love the one with just the baby with the hand in the mouth (both), and of course who isn't a sucker for those adult hand/teeny tiny hand photos.
Those are great Allison. ALMOST makes me want another one, and then I snap back to reality. LOL.

core_17 said:
I like the ones where the baby is looking up at his mom, but that watch is just so distracting! Everything else is great though! :)

I'll clone it out if she orders one of these, I have about probably 5-6 of that same pose and I don't want to spend a lot of time cloning each one not knowing which one she might want. Live and learn :D

This is my fav from the series!

May I ask how you lit the room up?

Wow you did get some good ones, kind agree with you on the high contrast backdrop, in color it does not seem as extreme, also being so monotone would help if you want to change it PS, the ones with the dog IMO are better in color, it is bleeping in with dad’s shirt & drop

danalec99 said:
This is my fav from the series!

May I ask how you lit the room up?

I wish I could claim that as mine...Aubrey took that one! For lighting, there was quite a bit of natural light coming in from the window (it was about 10am). I set up two strobes as well and that was it. I had meant to bring my softbox but forgot it in the dash out the door (we were moving that weekend and my gear wasn't as organized as it usually is). Next time I'd like to try softbox w/reflector and see how that goes. The baby has colic and was in a good mood at the time, we didn't want to delay the photos for background changes, etc just in case his happy time ran out!

And Jeff, you've got some good ideas. I may try to change the background color to see how it looks. My concern was that Mom's shirt would blend into the background on all of them, but I'll see how it looks. It's always a challenge shooting something new. I've done weddings and a lot of todder and older photoshoots, but it's actually harder to work with a subject that doesn't move :mrgreen:

Oh, and Elsaspet, makes me want another little one as well. I forget how quickly they grow. Seems that I enjoyed the newborn phase a lot more with my 2nd since I knew that it would be over so quickly!

Most reactions

Back