LOL...

Geez - stop being so negative.

The truth is that a 5D is not going to get you paid all that much because it is only considered a middle of the line pro camera. Not even a great one at that - do not be fooled by it's high price, it's all marketing. For image quality, even the 400D or 450D is considered superior - hence the higher model numbers.

If you are really serious, to get top pay, you will need the 1DsMkIII. Pair this with that Sigma 10-22 and National Geographics will knock down your door with check in hand.

Do not listen to all the negatives, they are just scared of talented newbs with pro equipment. Pro equipment makes years of learning obsolete.

Good shooting.

ROFL! love it :D

My take on this situation is start small. spend a lot less on the camera, get some glass and spend the rest of the cash getting you places to take photos. You can stick a D3 in the hands of anyone and the photos that come out of it will only ever reflect the abilities of the photographer, not the camera. Have a browse on here, photo.net etc etc and you'll see that some frankly awsome shots have been taken on entry level DSLR's, as well as some frankly rubbish shots on some high level kit (though this is very rare - probably because the people with the more costly kit tend to have more years practice behind them). Hell, I have been into photography for ~5 years now, I'm shooting the D50 and still loving it after having bought it over 2 years ago.

That's my advice anyway :)

Holy crap....all these numbers and letters have my head reeling.:raisedbrow:

I love this thread....hahahahahahaha

Some of your need to see the heavy sarcasm in some of these threads... ;)

Dear friends,
First - well I'm sorry that my post was misleading and caused a deal of consternation to forum members.
It was meant in jest - hence the LOL...
But I see that it created a rather fractious outcome...
It was, in fact, a parody to mirror similar threads re the naivity of some posters who simply purchase a camera and imagine that the receipt is a licence to call themselves a photographer, set up a 'business' and make a killing profit selling their images - which of course will be in great demand by leading Photography Magazines globally (and, incidentally, whose next post asks "What does composition mean..?"
My LOL post was not in any way meant to be derogative to new members who ask questions of a learning nature - nor to tease or goad fellow members of the forum.
I apologise for the facetious thread. I ask you to accept my apology.
Sincerely - Jedo
<BTW> my signature is factual.

LOL, this thread was funny to read!
:)

I still don't get it why Arch and some others thought this was meant serious ;)

Don't worry Jedo, it was an approach not used often on this forum, so some of us got a bit confused, but to me the LOL looked rather clarifying :D

well i didn't take it seriously!... hence all the !!! marks... and i also said in my first post i thought it was just to get a reaction (that could include comical.. as long as other people didn't get wound up by it)...
If i thought it was a serious troll thread then i would have deleted it and banned the user :p

I was however curious at the beginning why it was posted in a serious section... and also if the OP's account had been hijacked!

Its all in good humour tho, so i let it fly.

I hate you. all of you!

:p

Anyway, sometimes you get people who do not come with a LOL and mean everything ... this is sad indeed ;)

LOL, this thread was funny to read!
:)

Don't worry Jedo, it was an approach not used often on this forum, so some of us got a bit confused, but to me the LOL looked rather clarifying :D

lol, with my first post in this thread, I was going to make a blatent Michel Jackson pun but ended up pulling it from the post on the thought that an account hack may be the culprit.

It was, in fact, a parody to mirror similar threads re the naivity of some posters who simply purchase a camera and imagine that the receipt is a licence to call themselves a photographer, set up a 'business' and make a killing profit selling their images - which of course will be in great demand by leading Photography Magazines globally (and, incidentally, whose next post asks "What does composition mean..?"

indeed and those same posters who have a watermark emblazoned across their images that says 'so and so photography'.....geez gimme a break :er:.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back