Lomo ... scraps ... looking for Yashica part

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in need of a part ... that I think could acquired from the Lomo's.

I have a Yashica-44 baby TLR, and it is missing one part ... the upper film roller. This was removed by the previous user so they could modify the camera to use 35mm film.
I figure a Lomo did it (just my guess) ... so somewhere there must be this stash of rollers just piled up not doing nothing.

Anyone ? Suggestions ? Where can I get this without buying a whole camera ?

I have a Yashica 44LM and the upper roller is a simple rod with a pin at each end. If it's just the roller you need you may be able to adapt one from another less expensive 127 camera. Maybe one of the plastic Kodak or Herbert George cameras? Or, maybe a Vest Pocket Kodak? If they even have rollers -- I don't know -- I don't have one on hand to check.

The big PHSC photo fair on 5/28 in Toronto might be worth a visit for a busted donor camera.

I have an extra 127 spool you can have, check the conversation I started with you.

Ah, sadly it is not the film spool ... their are two rollers in the film back that the film rides over.
The top roller and frame have been removed -> Cameras

Hmm, last time I went to the PHSC, there was not much in the way of "junk" ... though worth a try.

Got ya......I'd check my 127 cameras in my collection but they are all packed up right now. If I get a chance I'll look.

Ah, sadly it is not the film spool ... their are two rollers in the film back that the film rides over.
The top roller and frame have been removed -> Cameras

Hmm, last time I went to the PHSC, there was not much in the way of "junk" ... though worth a try.

My sense was that the PHSC shows were mostly junk, unbeknown to many vendors. Still there are sellers who happily sell parts and bits carved off dead cameras.

Most reactions

Back