LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hallo all European TPF members.
We have agreed on a place and time for our first mee-up.
It will be LONDON (or thereabouts) on the weekend of 20 - 21 August 2005.

Mentos, myself and my sister will come there from Poland and Germany, respectively. We will start into serious planning from now on.

Mmm, sounds interesting. Have to say it'll be a last minute decider for me by that time, cuz I've already got tons of trips planned this year and I still don't have a money growing tree in my backyard.

I'm in Amsterdam btw, so it'll take me only 35 minutes by plane to get to London :)

London in August ... sounds cool. See if I can convince my mom that I won't show up on her birthday party on the 21st. Anyway, I'm really thinkin' about it, so I better watch this planning thread here :)

All of you: do try! Yes... we'll pull this through! :D

And Dandy, as soon as you'll have that tree planted in your backgarden at last, I want a shoot - the money growing tree is just what I need! But with Ryanair I feel I can make this come true!

Well as I live in London most of the time this suits me perfectly... I'm going to Switzerland on the 28th but I should be about when this happens!

Count me in!

I hope this works and we have plenty of people show up :)

Oh yeah and I might be able to offer my spare room to someone who needs a place to stay.. I don't plan on having a flat mate in August so there should be a spare bed going.. it'd be in Harrow which is NW London if anyone is interested just send me a message and i'll see what I can sort out :thumbup:

Naturally I shall be there. How could I not be? If people would like to let me know flight arrival details I could even be at the airport to meet you.
I will drive down from the East Midlands so if anyone would like a lift from anywhere along the way, just ask (I go down the A1).

**Just noticed that you said Stanstead Airport, LaPhoto. That's just to one side of the A1 en-route :)

Hertz van Rental said:
Naturally I shall be there .... I could even be at the airport to meet you .... you said Stanstead Airport, .... just to one side of the A1 en-route :)

Cool! I might take you up on your offer! The feeling will be even better if I know we'll be picked up by "someone I know"! :D And a lift into town... could save us (I'm speaking of my sister and myself here, for I might very well bring her) from having to rent a car, though that was my sister's initial idea, PLUS we could rent it through YOU, now couldn't we?????????
a075.gif
)

I'll be there. I live in the suburbs of London, so if anyone needs picking up from Stanstead let me know, it's not too far - choice of Porsche or Ford Mondeo :)

I've got unlimited safe parking about 15 mins from the centre of London, so let me know if any of you (Hertz?) want to leave your car at mine and get a short train journey to the centre where the best photography can be found.

I can probably arrange accommodation around here for about £40 per night, so if anyone wants to stay in a hotel near me, let me know. I do know a cheap hotel in Piccadilly which is about £80 per night (but it's awful).

Rob

I shall come back to you when it comes to planning our accomodation (and we WILL need some, for we might be arriving late on a Friday night, or on Saturday, to be returning home on Sunday, so there will be two nights for my sister and myself and we would love to be somewhere cheap - but not ugly!).
It is not my idea to stay right in the centre of London for the night, nor would I want to spend all my time right there. It would be nice to also go some place else in the surroundings, south, north, west, east, wherever. My sister has already had some ideas but I had to put brakes on her ideas at the time. Actually, she was BUBBLING with them... ;)

robhesketh said:
I've got unlimited safe parking about 15 mins from the centre of London, so let me know if any of you (Hertz?) want to leave your car at mine and get a short train journey to the centre where the best photography can be found.
Thanks for the offer but I'll be coming in from the North and I hate the M25. I usually park up in East Finchley and tube it on the Northern line.
We shall need to discuss what we would all like to do so we can work out a loose schedule.
Central Smoke is OK but apart from the usual tourist traps it's a bit limiting - although I have already suggested The Photographers' Gallery.
I'm not fussed so what sort of things would the rest of you like to do?
And we need to get some sort of list so we know who is coming.

ok.. and how much cash do you think is enough for 3 days for food, tubes, and daily "rutines"? without sleeping places and flight?

Most reactions

Back