London, 20-21 August 2005: First European Meet-up

i may be in Greece then but if i'm around i'd like to meet.

i'll be based in Leicester most of the summer but my parents have a place just outside London. Why not have 2 meets? or something like people that want to go to London go there and meet in oxford or wherever later or the next day?

LaFoto!!! where are you? I left you a PM but you didn't reply :) So how much you are paying for ryanair flight? with all the taxes?

Oh, sorry, Mentos. PM received all right. With all my catching up on TPF-Gallery and sorting out the over 600 photos from one weekend alone, I didn't come here in a while.

So I pay 54 Euro way there and back per person including taxes and fees on the Ryanair Flight from Hamburg-Lübeck. Which is next to nothing, really... makes me wonder how Ryanair does it in the first place, but then there is no comfort on the flight and you have to bring your own lunch pack and tea in a flask. ;)

I might be able to join for Saturday when you go to London and the South Downs. I can get a train into London very easily. I've got a worrying mother to convince though and I'm also a novice. How about visiting Canary Wharf though?

ok! So accomodation booked!!!! ha! Magda and I have rent a... room in a flat. We will be there since 15 August to 22 august. So if anybody is willing to meet me during the week that'd be great. We will stay somewhere in a 3rd zone... I know I know... quite far from the centre but it is only 90 punds for a WEEK!!!! And everything is on place.

I haven't booked flight yet... grr Ryanair annys me a bit... I hate paying via internet by giving them my card number and so on... I'd rather pay via cash flow or something like that. But I am afraid that Ryanair is the only chance to get to London for me. I still don't really get what is the difference between "reg fare" and "web fare". Poor that Ryanair doesn't have any office here or in the nearby. So communication with them only via the net or phone. But if it's going to be Ryanair I'll be at London on 15th August (at Stansted of course) somwhen in the morning.

ok and now I need some more info from you, Londoners! How much does cost a ticket for buses, tube and so on for a day/ week?? :D

thanks Hertz!
wow! I am so excited about the trip and meetup! I'm looking forward to see you all :):)

and could you explain me what does it mean "Peak" and "off-peak" on 3-day travel cards?? I don't get it :grumpy:

"Peak" is during the rush-hour in the mornings and afternoon, when MANY people use the public transportation system. So they make it more expensive in those hours.
"Off peak" is after that rush, usually as of 9 in the morning till maybe 4 in the afternoon, and then again after 7 in the afternoon or so. Does that help? And is that right?

holy crap :p so it's going to be probalby the most expensive trip in my life :p

mentos_007 said:
holy crap :p so it's going to be probalby the most expensive trip in my life :p
I can taxi you a bit - and if you promise to take some good pictures I might persuaded to buy you and your friend dinner. That should save you a bit...

...and before a certain other person who comes from a race of skinflints says anything, you are included in the offer :lmao:

hahah thank you Hertz :) that's very kind but I don't want to sit in anybodies wallet. :)

mentos_007 said:
hahah thank you Hertz :) that's very kind but I don't want to sit in anybodies wallet. :)
You wouldn't be sitting in mine. It's just the least I can do in return for you making the effort to get here from Poland. And I know that you are a student (the same age as my eldest son actually) and money is tight.
Shut up and accept gracefully :lmao:

Most reactions

Back