London before xmas??

ok so lets go with December 2nd

ok, so december 2 is fixed ... ? I'll see what I can do, not ideal, but I will see ... (I am just assuming I would be allowed to add some German accent to the meetup :p )

LMFAO!! Dub - London on the Dec 2nd is €5 and back on Monday is €1 so we're looking good. Please confirm that the date is set in stone before people off the UK island make bookings.

I also have to think about hotel etc. Expensis are cautiously measured since I'm getting married next May. - Anyone want a meet up in Slovakia, all photographers welcomed heheh. Although the hired shooter might get upstaged. We'll take about in in the new year.

P.S. Tell the pubs to stock up - I'm Irish!!

You won't pull anyone away from the Germany meet-up from 24-31 May, nossie, you wouldn't DARE!!! My date's been set since last year October. I was much, much faster! :greenpbl: ... and I still say: get married here, on the very 31 May, and you have all the wedding photogs around you that you could only ask for! :greenpbl: Some might even be able to create OTTER-photos of you???

But as to the London-thing.
I am sooooooooo tempted. You wouldn't mind to be having a total non-photographer with you, in case I could pursuade him? He did not bother the Americans at the DC meet-up either, all in all he is quite ok, really! ;) I haven't asked him, but I really feel tempted to do so! A quick pre-Christmas weekend in London ... could be fun!

You won't pull anyone away from the Germany meet-up from 24-31 May, nossie, you wouldn't DARE!!! My date's been set since last year October. I was much, much faster! :greenpbl: ... and I still say: get married here, on the very 31 May, and you have all the wedding photogs around you that you could only ask for! :greenpbl: Some might even be able to create OTTER-photos of you???

But as to the London-thing.
I am sooooooooo tempted. You wouldn't mind to be having a total non-photographer with you, in case I could pursuade him? He did not bother the Americans at the DC meet-up either, all in all he is quite ok, really! ;) I haven't asked him, but I really feel tempted to do so! A quick pre-Christmas weekend in London ... could be fun!

LOL LaFoto if you knew anything about women (and most women don't) then you'd know that I'd be let have a sex change before a wedding date change. Shame that I wasn't on the forum when you started out your meet-up plans.

Also Lafoto if your non-photographer would be so kind as to take a tour bus with my non-photographer fiance it would be an extra bonus assuming they wouldn't mind of course.

LostProph Can you please state the areas you'd like to tour/shoot. I'm particularly interested in getting a shot of the river steps+London Bridge+house's of parliment. Sure it's been done before but I want my own. It's also good to know for where to book a hotel.

LMFAO!! Dub - London on the Dec 2nd is €5 and back on Monday is €1 so we're looking good. Please confirm that the date is set in stone before people off the UK island make bookings.

You're joking! I'm 35 miles away from London and it'll cost me much more to get there than that. Sheesh.

2nd looks good but I still can't say for certain. And I'd still need to know where aboots and times.

ok then meet at Euston railway station between 10.30 and 1100

Well, I checked the flight fares and it becomes more and more unrealistic we can find the additional € 500.- or so so shortly before Christmas. I won't even ask DH ... I know the answer. Ah well. The temptation made me look at flight fares but ...
EmoteShrug.gif

what airlines did you try?

Oooh, this is looking like a good trip!

Where to go could depend on how much walking people want to do - it's a fair stretch between the HP and Tower Bridge, but a walk along the south bank would be nice providing the weather stayed good - we could meet at Victoria or somewhere like that ( that would be very easy for me heh :) )

I tried ANY, Alex. Just about ANY which will fly out of Fuhlsbüttel or Bremen.
I also tried Lübeck (Ryanair), but we would not be able to go out and come back on the same day (and I was thinking about doing that to save on hotel costs), and while the flight out on Saturday is on offer for only 1 cent (!) (ok, with additional € 19,99 in taxes and surely also some booking fees that they only add at the very end of summing things up!!!), the flight home on Sunday would be € 69,99pp, plus the taxes and fees PLUS (in that case) overnight costs for two. So ... sorry. No.

And out of Fuhlsbüttel at 7:15 a.m. to Heathrow and back from Heathrow on the same day at 18:20 p.m. (or so, guessing times now) is to be had cheapest for approx. €238,-pp plus taxes and fees. It just doesn't work out.

doesn't sound good ...

well, haven'T checked my connections yet since I do not know at this point if I will be available then ...

Most reactions

Back