London before xmas??

To Corinna..in order..

*pinches self* Yes, I am here and not just a fat figment of my imagination....

Nice to "see" you too Corinna !

I don't know EVERYONE... *waves to the world* but me and mine are all well ! Little one isn't quite so little now... he's just turned one year old...

And as far as Germany is concerned I won't be able to confirm until much closer to the time... but i definately WANT to be there - sounds wonderful..and as someone who has been part of an organisation for events I appreciate how much work you must have put into all the planning and preparation...

In the meantime... I hope to see y'all in London !

Speaking for myself...

I'm fairly embarassing when I'm sober .....

Hmm. Tempted. Though, are you all gonna go get drunk and be embarrasing? ;)
go get drunk?- Yes, be embarrasing? - that's up to yourself if you wanna stay sober! :)

Ok so timetable of events was probably a bit correct sounding but like LaFoto said if I'm going to fly to London because of this meetup, and I'd really like to, then I wanna make the most of it, so a little bit of planning would be good rather than getting there and looking blank at each other - so what do you wanna do next? I dunno, what do you wanna do?

For me the obvious London targets are fine but might numb the brains of the brits. As I mentioned earlier I'd like to do the "steps+bridge+bigben" shot but if someone else wants to do BPalace or oxford st or Tower Bridge or whatever then I'm on for it too but all might not be possible in a day.

I'm not putting out the idea of rambling over there in the evening by myself when everyone else has given up after only their 12th pint.

This is a meet up not a school trip! we do as we please
Don't get snippy with me or I'll put you in a headlock!

Can I chuck in a suggestion for a venue ? The newly opened Paddington Station is quite photogenic...and I happen to know the sergeant of the transport police there so if desired by anyone I could always ask for "permission" ( and not mention the date so if the b*****r says "no" we do it anyway like we did at Canary Wharf !!! )

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/documents/3053_PaddingtonArchitecturalMiniGuide.pdf

'nother suggestion... don't get too drunk...bring a tripod to lean on....

All the lovely Christmas lights will be on -Bond Street, Regent Street etc - Trafalgar square and the big Christmas tree dont get lit till the 6th...

and my last 2c worth for now... can it be arranged so that it does NOT involve walking 200 miles...some of us are disabled ya know! </end rant>

go get drunk?- Yes, be embarrasing? - that's up to yourself if you wanna stay sober! :)

Ok so timetable of events was probably a bit correct sounding but like LaFoto said if I'm going to fly to London because of this meetup, and I'd really like to, then I wanna make the most of it, so a little bit of planning would be good rather than getting there and looking blank at each other - so what do you wanna do next? I dunno, what do you wanna do?

For me the obvious London targets are fine but might numb the brains of the brits. As I mentioned earlier I'd like to do the "steps+bridge+bigben" shot but if someone else wants to do BPalace or oxford st or Tower Bridge or whatever then I'm on for it too but all might not be possible in a day.

I'm not putting out the idea of rambling over there in the evening by myself when everyone else has given up after only their 12th pint.

Don't get snippy with me or I'll put you in a headlock!

Well I live 25mins on a train away from London so I can get one of the 10 trains per hour and go when I want, so as far as I'm concerned this is just a bit of a laugh, I honestly don't care what we do as long as we have a laugh, if people from afar want to see something please start making a list. For most of us this is just another chance to meetup

As for Paddington, its easy for me and Tempra as we will be getting the train into Padd anyway and as its on the Circle line we can still get about on the tube.

There's a simple answer to an "agenda"...
Swap a few mobile numbers, do what you want..find out where people are and arrange the next pub ! I mean Photo opportunity...

We could just invest in a 1 day travelcard for £5.10, that way we can get to where people want quite quickly, see a lot and have Gerry keep up with us :D

Well I live 25mins on a train away from London so I can get one of the 10 trains per hour and go when I want, so as far as I'm concerned this is just a bit of a laugh, I honestly don't care what we do as long as we have a laugh

I see your point. We can work with that my flexible friend. And if BigBen is far from paddington I'll spin by earlier or later myself.

Right I'll take to the missus(to be) :)

I can probably make it... play it by ear until that week!

hmm, think i have to decide soon .... complicated!

hmm
114 EUR to get to stansted .... not too bad

I can probably make it... play it by ear until that week!

coool, you can borrow my fisheye or my 12mm lens and make your hand REALLY big in your avatar :lol:

Most reactions

Back