London Fashion Week

Rob said:
there's virtually no light, what there is can be best described as yellow. A long and fast lens is essential, as is a powerful flash unit.
What do you mean there was no light? From this image, the ramp is flooded with ample lights. Wasn't that enough? Besides, I see just one guy with a flash (image 1, image 2). But I'm only assuming they are the pro gang.

From the catwalk series, composition wise, I like the Harrods shots (girl and the guy), sans the unavoidable distraction on the foreground ;).

You did great for the first attempt!

Rob,

Good job (as we all knew you would do). I, too, like the backstage to catwalk pics...gives an interesting perspective.

(I'm going to check my inbox for those pictures I specifically requested :))

Thanks everyone! To answer your questions:

Nudity - there's lots of it. They're getting changed at a phenomenal rate to swap outfits. They are also mostly in the 14-19yo territory. FWIW, I avoided the changing as much as possible - we're all professionals and there isn't time or inclination towards that kind of thing.

Foreground distraction. Yeah. Not a lot you can do but be pushier or taller. When you're lying on the floor (which I was) next to the catwalk, you take what you can get! :)

Light. That's a funny one. Although they are lit properly at the pro end of the runway, if you hadn't noticed, I was at the backstage end, which isn't lit as brightly. The majority of the media were using monopods, and had the advantage that as the models are advancing, they can focus and take a longer exposure. As I was at the side, I had to pan and flash. That picture was taken as they came in, not set up. I can assure you there was a wall of flash coming from that end of the show. ;)

Chris, if it was daunting, they didn't show it! Perhaps the Red Bull, Evian and cigarette consumption increased, but there was no fuss at all when the show had started. They were very hyped though - but then again, so was I!

Thanks for the comments everyone, I really appreciate them. The pictures in the media so far have sucked, so I will view the press with interest and see what they come up with!

I'm looking forward to next time!

Rob

Rob said:
Thanks everyone! To answer your questions:

Nudity - there's lots of it. They're getting changed at a phenomenal rate to swap outfits. They are also mostly in the 14-19yo territory. FWIW, I avoided the changing as much as possible - we're all professionals and there isn't time or inclination towards that kind of thing.

You know i was joking, right ;)

Rob - that was a great insight and pix into a fashion shoot.

Reactions: Rob
Daniel said:
Robbity, could you answer my question if you have time?

:)

"Robbity"????
6.gif

What is going on? Am I missing something?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back