London Meetup - The Revenge Of the Lens Thread

The train arrives at paddington in an hour..... but im not on it :( ..... quite gutted i couldn't make today actually.... and i'v got a stupid hangover from my mates stag do last night..... :er: *one grumpy arch*......

Still you guys could cheer me up..... i want more pics please.... especially ones of anty and hertz.... :mrgreen: ..... so this evening i want unprocessed files up on here K!!...... would have been good to meet you all. :crazy:

oh..... good story btw!

good going meister.....:thumbup: we need to get this stickied or merged with scurra's ;)

I'll continue posting some pics in the other thread, when a mod wakes up they can merge them.

Think most of the others are back there today with the exception of me and lensmeister, so they should be posting over the next couple of days.

Right, as mr Lensmeister said, we started off at Victoria Train station, then walked towards Parliament square. On the way we stopped off at Westmister Cathedral (as we did last time) and took a few in there.

tpf4.jpg

tpf5.jpg

Despite there being signs that said no mobile phones, Chris was caught out when Rob phoned him from Corinnas hotel and he had to rush outside to sort it out. Chris made the first of many strange friends at this point.

tpf6.jpg

Further on down the road, outside Westminster Abbey, Ben (Scurra) was getting excited, and his girlfriend Louise couldn't bear to watch.

tpf7.jpg

The only American delegate...

tpf8.jpg

A quick shot of everything there is to see in London - a cab, a double decker bus and Big Ben - what else is there?

tpf9.jpg

We then walked up Whitehall towards Trafalgar Square where the message was that Corinna and Rob were waiting by the big orange thing. After the Downing Street firearms incident, we found that they were indeed waiting next to the big orange thing.

tpf10.jpg

We all then walked up to Leicester square and past the Hummer Limo, but signs were that people needed food.

tpf3.jpg

After a good lunch, and watching Louise struggle with her pie for an hour before the waitress snatched it off her, we heard that Gerry (notesgraphics) was in town and hot on our tail.

We went back into a rather windy Leicester square to wait for him. After a while, Gerry came into view and was mobbed by the TPF faithful

tpf16.jpg

In need of coffee (two double espressos for Rob) we went through China town, which was still quite colourful despite the gloomy skies.

tpf11.jpg

No matter where in the world you are, it's always boring when someone else is talking on their phone while you are waiting.

tpf12.jpg

Outside the Australian shop near Covent Garden, a pap waits for his prey...

tpf13.jpg

KYLIE!!!!!!!!11!!!!!11 :mrgreen:

(or rather WTF is going on out here????)

tpf14.jpg

Heading off around the corner sharpish, so as not to get beaten by an angry mob, we spot a celeb out wandering the streets.

tpf15.jpg

you could feel the tension in the air, and the traffic warden started break dancing!

tpf17.jpg

People were looking out of their windows to see what was going on

tpf18.jpg

and the buskers knew they had no competition, and headed off home.

tpf19.jpg

News came through that Jean (Antarctican) was now in town, so we headed for the photographers gallery and met her there. She was typically mobbed as was Gerry and Hertz.

tpf22.jpg

We then went into soho square (I think) to find a clear area for the TPF salute. Recreating a shot from the last London meet, we have Corinna demonstrating the compact on a tripod technique.

tpf20.jpg

Louise did a spot of modelling....

tpf21.jpg

And some strange people started jumping on the roof of a nearby shed, those shots will be coming from someone else, as I scarpered!

The light was fading quite badly at this point, and a decision was made to find a pub.

And thats were my day ended (apart from the two hour trek home)

Cheers!

tpf23.jpg

What a fantastic meetup! I'm loving all these pics, can't wait to see more!

Most reactions

Back